SS501 (usually pronounced "double S five o' one") Korean boyband debuted on June 8, 2005 with their first single, "Warning". The five members are:
- Kim Hyun Joong, the Cloud Cuckoo Lander leader. Nicknamed "Leader" to differ himself and the maknae whose names are similiar.
- Heo Young Saeng, quiet and cares a lot about his image.
- Kim Kyu Jong, the kind, obedient one.
- Park Jung Min, the most talkative member.
- Kim Hyung Joon, the baby in both age and personality. Nicknamed "Baby" to differ himself and the leader whose names are similiar.
They started in their late teens and have gained decent popularity. However they've been inactive as a whole group since 2010, with everyone pursuing solo activities and joining other companies, and performed as a whole group once in 2013. It's been stated that they have not and will not disband.
Tropes associated with SS501:
- The Band Minus the Face: As SS501 Special Project Group, the group promoted with 3 members in 2008 while Kim Hyun-joong was busy filming Boys Before Flowers. Park Jung-min was also participating in the musical Grease. The project group later became official in their own right in 2016 as Double S 301.
- Boy Band: Obvious Korean Pop Music example.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Hyunjoong, oh so much. He had talked to a dog before, and he had also posted a fanfiction along with insane drawings that he had made himself.
- Nice Guy: Kyujong. He's very obedient and kind to the other members. For example, he sacrificed himself to be the violent waker Jungmin's roommate when they go on a beach trip to see the sunrise. He's also the one who turns off the lights for the lazy Hyunjoong when Jungmin, who had came in the room, only scolds the leader for being lazy.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Jungmin does this a lot.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Seasoned roasted chicken for Youngsaeng and carrots for Jungmin. The latter even has a rubber carrot toy (he claims that it's a cucumber, though).