Puddles Pity Party is a one-man singing group set in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania starring Puddles (played by Mike Geier, alternatively known as Big Mike Geier), a Sad Clown that sings sad, soulful renditions of popular songs. He has appeared on America's Got Talent and has also featured himself alongside other groups such as Postmodern Jukebox and Useless Playboys.
Puddles Pity Party uses the following tropes:
- Big, Friendly Dog: Puddles has a pitbull named Georgie who shows up on occasion in some of his music videos.
- Cover Version: This is his bread and butter, downbeat, sorrowfully toned covers of popular songs.
- The Eeyore: As his Sad Clown appearance would cue you in, Puddles is always sad in his performances. When he is not singing originally sad songs like "The Sound of Silence" and "Space Oddity", he sings intentionally sad renditions of happier songs such as "Dancing Queen".
- Gentle Giant: Puddles is 6'8", just as Mike is. He is also very fond of animals, willing to be a shoulder for anyone to cry on, and is rather physically affectionate.
- Me's a Crowd: In his rendition of "Remember Me" from Coco, he is accompanied by a second Puddles playing the trombone as he is singing, with a third Puddles singing backup and holding the door open as they walk out of the building.
- In "Under Pressure/Let It Go Smoosh-Up - Queen & Disney's Frozen", two other Puddles are sitting next to the singing Puddles enjoying pie and cupcakes. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Sad Clown: His whole act is that he is a clown singing very emotional songs, all with a downbeat demeanor meant to impress as well as depress.
- The Singing Mute: In his official appearance in America's Got Talent, Puddles never actually speaks a word, instead miming gestures before catching everybody off guard with his singing voice.