"Try to remember always... always to have a good time!"
Noah Lennox, aka Panda Bear, is an American musician famous for his work with Animal Collective. He has released seven studio albums in his career thus far: his 1999 Self-Titled Album, which is a tad hard to find now, his 2004 album Young Prayer, 2007's Person Pitch, 2011's Tomboy, 2015's Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper, 2019's Buoys, and Reset in 2022.
- Panda Bear (1999)
- Young Prayer (2004)
- Person Pitch (2007)
- Tomboy (2011)
- Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper (2015)
- Buoys (2019)
- Reset (2022) (collaboration with Sonic Boom)
EPs and Singles:
- Bros EP (2007)
- Last Night At The Jetty - Single (2011)
- You Can Count On Me - Single (2011)
- Mr. Noah - EP (2014)
- Crosswords - EP (2015)
- A Day With The Homies - EP (vinyl-only in 2018, digital in 2019)
- playing the long game - Single (2019)
A Day With The Tropies:
- All Drummers Are Animals: Averted. Panda Bear is easily the shyest and most introverted member of Animal Collective. True if taken more literally, as he's the only one in Animal Collective named after an animal.
- Boléro Effect: Many songs are very repetitive, "Bros" in particular.
- Broken Record: Uses repeated lyrics very frequently.
- Echoing Acoustics: To say he uses a lot of reverb is an Understatement.
- Epic Rocking: "Bros" and "Good Girl/Carrots" from Person Pitch both reach past 12 minutes. "Afterburner", "Come To Your Senses", and "Tropic of Cancer" also count.
- Miniscule Rocking: "Davy Jones' Locker" and "Shadow Of The Colossus" from Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper are both under a minute... combined.
- New Sound Album: Several examples:
- Young Prayer is mostly acoustic and minimal.
- Person Pitch is mostly built from samples, with more emphasis on repetition.
- Tomboy gets rid of the samples, cranks up the reverb, and shortens the songs.
- Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper has more pop-ish songs, with some Sensory Abuse thrown in.
- Buoys simplifies things, with Auto-Tune and more minimal arrangements.
- Sampling: Person Pitch builds whole songs out of samples.