Krewella is an Electronic Music trio turned duo from Chicago. The members consist of sisters Yasmine and Jahan Yousaf as vocalists and songwriters. Before 2014, Kris Trindl, a.k.a. "Rain Man", produced for Krewella, but he had resigned & sued the sisters after fears that they and their management were phasing him out of the group.
Albums & Extended Plays
- Play Hard EP (2012)
- Play Harder (Remix EP) (2012)
- Get Wet (2013)
- Ammunition EP (2016)
- New World EP - Part 1 (2017)
- Life of the Party (feat. S-Preme) (2011)
- Strobelights (2011)
- Say Goodbye (2014)
- Somewhere to Run (2015)
- New World (2017)
- Angels Cry (2017)
- Alibi (2018)
Krewella provides examples of:
- Audience Participation Song: "Alive" and "Can't Control Myself" are the most frequent.
- Contemptible Cover: The cover art of "Come & Get It!".
- Garfunkel: Rain Man zigzagged this - while he composed the beats and usually stayed at the table mixing during live shows, he was still a bit behind Yasmine and Jahan in terms of being recognized as a band member.
- Intercourse with You: Most, if not all of their songs from Play Hard are all about sex. "Come & Get It!", "One Minute", "Alive", "Feel Me", their vocal edit of Knife Party's "Fire Hive" just to name a few.
- Lighter and Softer: "Alive", "Human", Troll Mix Volume Three, "Can't Forget You", "Be There" and to an extent "Team".
- Loudness War: Get Wet particularly seems to suffer.
- Ms. Fanservice: Yasmine and Jahan both invoke a lot of this, especially in the video for "Alive", which was described by one YouTube commenter as "porn [that] has great music".
- Mood Whiplash: Somewhat. Yasmine and Jahan's voices mixed with dirty bass style of dubstep is jarring, yet work well.
- Precision F-Strike: "Play Hard", "Feel Me", "Life of the Party", "Live for the Night", "We Go Down", "Dancing with the Devil", "Ring of Fire", "Beggars".
- Xtreme Kool Letterz