Is This the Life We Really Want? is a 2017 album by Roger Waters, and his first rock album since 1992's Amused to Death.
Waters promoted this album with his Us and Them world tour.
Are these the tropes we really want?
- A God Am I: The first verse of "Déjà Vu"."If I had been GodWith my staff and my rodIf I had been given the nod
- Call-Back: The instrumentals for "Déjà Vu" are bound to remind one of "Pigs on the Wing".
- Censor Box: The album cover is covered with these.
- Cluster F-Bomb: "Picture That":Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws
Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores
Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains
Picture a leader with no fucking brains.
- Concept Album
- List Song: "Is This The Life We Really Want?"
- Product Placement: From "The Last Refugee":"...punch their iPhones..."
- Spoken Word in Music: "When We Were Young"
- Take That!: The album and its promotional tour, titled Us + Them, is an indictment on President Donald Trump's far-right political standing, in particular the "travel ban" bills and the Republican Party's attempts at dismantling of the Affordable Care Act and his predecessor Barack Obama's progressive social policies.