Edward Maya is the stage name of Eduard Marian Ilie (born June 29 1986), who is a DJ and musician who is known for his collaborations with DJ and singer Vika Jigulina.
His song with her was titled, “Stereo Love”, and it charted worldwide in 2009. These songs became very famous in media, popular culture, and internet memes. He created more music since then such as, “This Is My Life”, “Desert Rain”, and “Love of My Life” but these are mostly famous in Europe.
Tropes in Edward Maya
- Bilingual Bonus: His song “Nostalgy” has him singing in Romanian.
- Cute Kitten: In “LOVE STORY” with Violet Light, there is a mountain lion accompanying her in the music video.
- Duet Bonding: “Stereo Love”, “This is My Life”, and “Desert Rain” are songs he did with Vika Jigulina. In the videos, the two music producers end up meeting each other.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: The music in his heyday, which lasted from 2009 to 2014 used his accordion and flute playing.
- Flowers of Femininity: In the video for “Desert Rain”, there are flowers surrounding Vika’s bedroom chambers.
- French Accordion: The main melody of “Stereo Love” is composed of Edward’s accordion playing.
- Girlfriend in Canada: His song “Columbian Girl” is about his love for a girl who’s visiting from Columbia.
- Gratuitous French: In his song “Feeling” the last part contains a French verse.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: In “Love Of My Life” he says some words in Romanian. His native language.
- Intercourse with You:
- In “Stereo Love” featuring Vika Jigulina, they sing this in unison”When I touch your body, I feel I’m loosing control.”
- In “Stay Longer” Edward says”I get dirty when I play tonight”
- In “Stereo Love” featuring Vika Jigulina, they sing this in unison
- Signature Instrument: His music in simple terms is EDM Meets Accordions and Flutes.
- Stepford Smiler: In "Stereo Love" featuring Vika Jigulina, the song is about a couple attempting to get back together and they always smile despite the depression they feel."I hate to see you cry. Your smile is a beautiful lie.""You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside. My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you."
- Verbal Tic: Edward often goes “Oooooooooohhhh” between his singing.