Marshmello is the stage name of Christopher Comstock (born May 19, 1992), an EDM music DJ best known for his song "Alone". He works with Skrillex and is rumored to be another identity of Christian Comstock, the DJ also known as dotcom. He performed at Coachella 2017, which boosted him onto the Forbes highest paid list. He has also collaborated with Noah Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Khalid, and Bastille.
- Joytime (2016)
- Joytime II (2018)
- Joytime III (TBA)
Tropes associated with Marshmello:
- Balloonacy: Marshmello floats around with a bunch of balloons in "FLY". Apparently he doesn't need the balloons to fly, though it turns out to be a daydream.
- The Bully: A few stereotypes are shown in "Alone", including a guy who eats his s'more aggressively in Marshmallo's face.
- Of course, that seems very lame until you realize that s'mores are primarily made of marshmallows!
- Cool Loser: Marshmallo in "Alone". Could be explained that nobody at his high school wants anything to do with him because he's a marshmallow: as soon as the girl who turned him down goes to his house to apologize and sees him mixing music, she records it and plays it for the school who immediately become fanatics, so they probably didn't really not like him, they just didn't want to be seen with a human marshmallow.
- Crossover: Played a concert in Fortnite.
- Daydream Surprise: The "FLY" music video shows Marshmello flying around with a bunch of balloons, but it turns out it's just Marshmello with a balloon daydreaming in the park.
- Deliberately Monochrome: All-white outfit, with black detailing, to look like a marshmallow.
- Elective Mute: Doesn't speak, even in radio interviews, presumably to hide that identity. In a video for GQ he uses a voice synthesizer instead of actually speaking.
- Good-Times Montage: The music video for "Ritual" shows Marshmello having a good time with his friends.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: In "Alone".
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: In "Happier", the singer decides to end his toxic relationship so his girlfriend can be happy without him.
- Improbable Sports Skills: Marshmello isn't known for his sports skills, but he uploaded a video of him acing a course in American Ninja Warrior. Some viewers believe he had a Stunt Double do those tricks.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: In theory, Marshmallo's identity is unknown. However, he supposedly shares a name, birthday, manager, friends and tattoo with Chris Comstock.
- Shout-Out: Marshmello's headgear is influenced by deadmau5, who also gets a shout out in the "Alone" music video with Marshmello's pet mouse Joel (deadmau5's real name is Joel).
- Sound-Effect Bleep: Played for Laughs in "Friends". In the clean version, the lyric is "F-R-I-E-N-D-S, that's how you spell friends". In the explicit version, the lyric is "F-R-I-E-N-D-S, that's how you f*** spell friends". That's right, it's bleeped out.