Talented but aimless Sakurai is required by school policy to join an extracurricular activity of some kind. After several false starts, he settles on the shogi and go club. However, the inept but highly enthusiastic Misora Toyoguchi decides that he's the perfect person to manage her struggling girls' lacrosse team, and he finally agrees to help out a bit.
Tropes seen in this manga include:
- Accidental Pervert: Sakurai's hands and eyes keep ending up in the wrong place.
- And the Adventure Continues / Distant Finale: The last chapter skips ahead a year to just before a rematch with Choran.
- Beginner's Luck: What got Toyoguchi interested in lacrosse in the first place.
- Career-Ending Injury: A combination of overwork and too-rapid growth resulted in long-term leg injuries for Sakurai, forcing him off the soccer team. He may or may not have recovered enough to play soccer again, but stardom is out of reach.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Toyoguchi isn't the most coordinated person.
- Cute Sports Club Manager: Gender Flip variant. Played straight with the soccer team's manager.
- Everyone Can See It: Toyoguchi and Sakurai.
- Genki Girl: Toyoguchi.
- Gonk: Rurie Tanaka.
- Guile Hero: This seems to be Sakurai's strong point.
- The Lancer: Nachi "Nacchin" Saiga.
- Oblivious to Love: Sakurai is entirely oblivious to Hayami's feelings for him, no matter how directly they may be spelled out.
- Opposing Sports Team: Choran Academy which is a girls' lacrosse team factory.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Nachi's brothers all look like male versions of her at different ages.