A supertrope for tropes involving cultures from similar parts of the world or similar cultural backgrounds being smashed together due to Small Reference Pools causing a Hollywood Atlas. As such it is a subtrope of Hollywood Atlas.
This supertrope includes:
- Africa Is a Country: Generalizing Africa as a single country rather than a continent consisting of many countries.
- Americasia: An area based on both America and Eastern culture.
- Ancient Grome: Conflating/mixing up (ancient) Greece and Rome.
- "Arabian Nights" Days: Stereotypical depiction of the Middle East.
- Bulungi: Fictional country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Far East: General depiction of East Asia, namely China and Japan.
- Interchangeable Asian Cultures: Elements of one Asian culture are misattributed to another.
- Latin Land: General Latin American setting.
- Mayincatec: Generic ancient Central/South American nation.
- Norse by Norsewest: Generalization of Nordic countries.
- Qurac: Generic fictional North African, Middle Eastern, South or Central Asian country.
- Ruritania: Generic fictional Southern, Central or Eastern European country.
- Scotireland: Conflation of Scotland and Ireland.
- Spexico: Conflation of Spain and Mexico.
- Tipis and Totem Poles: Stereotypical depiction of Native Americans.
- Tropical Island Adventure: Generic tropical island setting, typically Caribbean, Oceanian or Southeast Asian.
- Welcome to the Caribbean, Mon!: Stereotypical depiction of Caribbean nations.