- Rufus's flashback to when he last saw Penny, alone on her bed, sad because she wasn't adopted, and comforts her with his "Faith is a Bluebird" poem. The music that plays in this scene is also tear jerking. As is Penny saying "I love you, Rufus" while petting the grandfatherly cat.
- If 'Faith is a Bluebird' doesn't make you tear up a little...
- Faith is a bluebird you see from afar.It's for real, and as true as the first evening star.You can't touch it, or buy it, or wrap it up tight;But it's there just the same, making things turn out right.
- The "Tomorrow is Another Day" montage.
- Miss Bianca cuddling up with Bernard on their way to Louisiana.
- Also her telling Orville he flies beautifully.
- Penny praying, not only for herself, but for her teddy, Rufus, and all the kids at her orphanage, and that she and they will all find happy homes and be adopted by new families.
- The entirety of 'Someone's Waiting For You'. Some of the most gorgeous lyrics ever; not even necessarily the most poetic, but beautiful in their simplicity, and sung with an incredible amount of emotion.
- Be brave, little one... make a wish for each sad little tear... hold your head up, though no one is near; someone's waiting for you...
- Penny finally being adopted at the end, finding the loving home and parents she had longed so much for as her friends cheer them on. Also, the reporter stating that this is more important that the largest diamond in the world being recovered.
- Bernard trying to convince the Chairman that the mission is too dangerous for Miss Bianca, and she is clearly touched by his concern. You can also tell that this is where she fancies Bernard from that point onward. It goes to the next level when she chooses him to be her coagent instead of all of the others because he cares about her as a person, not just because she is beautiful and well-bred.
- Equally heartwarming is the reactions of the other delegates by this curveball of a decision. Rather than react with envy or jealousy towards the lowly janitor who somehow has won the attention of Miss Bianca without even trying, they easily cheer (in contrast to the chairman, who's been very dismissive of Bernard). In fact, only the chairman expresses annoyance at Bernard's lack of finesse, while the rest of the congregation find him amusing, meaning he's seen as kind of a mascot. Add in the fact that he quickly proves himself to be more competent than even he thinks he is, and it's little wonder he's promoted to American representative by the sequel.
- A sweet moment when Bernard tells Miss Bianca there are thirteen steps on the staircase onto Orville's back. Rather than look impatient or as though she thinks he's being silly, Miss Bianca simply chuckles and suggests he jump the last one.
Heartwarming / The Rescuers