- Everyone, even Hak Foo and the Enforcers, try to stop Jade from being dragged away by her own shadow.
- Jade chooses to let herself be sucked in so her family and friends wouldnt share her fate.
- When Elyon realizes that she nearly killed Jade, she feels sorry about it and orders her wounds to be treated before getting a confirmation from the "Mage" about her identity. Too bad Caleb defies her orders behind her back.
- It's Cornelia, of all people, who stops Elyon from killing Jade.
- Mirandas love for Cedric.
- Jade shows honest concern for Miranda when Nerissa zaps her.
- Raythor initially refuses to allow Jade to join the Knights.
- Jade begins to realize that she may be more evil than she thought when she recalls the time she killed Shendu. However, not only Raythor takes this idea out of her mind, explaining her that sometimes there are no options but to kill your enemy, but he also says that Jade is much more noble and nicer than the rest of the Knights, including himself. This makes Jade to feel MUCH better (and the Queen much worse, as its a major setback for the Queen in her quest to gain control of Jade).
- In fact, the Queen says that Jade likes Raythor enough that its comparable to the regard she has for her family, and the Queen cant twist Jades feelings toward them into hate because of that.
- The fact that just a day before this, Raythor saw with his own eyes how Jade ate a rat's brain makes it all the more heartwarming.
- Heck, that entire scene was one big CMOH.
- Jade's unexpected Pet the Dog moment with Sniffer and the Tracker.
- In the next chapter, Jade spends time with Sniffer without any objection from the Tracker.
- Jade volunteers to watch over Miranda while the spider girl recovers from the battle at the ravine.
Heartwarming / Kage