- Jade deciding to make a Heroic Sacrifice and let herself be banished so that her family and friends wont share her fate is just heartwrenching.
- Jade saying goodbye to Jackie makes it even worse, especially when Viper realizes what shes about to do, but cant do anything to stop Jade from letting go a second later. The last thing Jade hears before she gets sucked in is Jackie crying out her name.
- Jade regaining control from the Queen and begging for help is pretty sad.
- It gets worse when Elyons powers nearly kill her, and after Elyon stops, she weakly cries out for Jackie, Uncle and Tohru before succumbing to unconsciousness.
- The "Mage's" Blatant Lies about Jade being an evil shapeshifter nearly get her locked up (and it was intended to be for life). You can easily feel her distress over the situation.
- Miranda is truly sad about having to leave Cedric behind (though she hides it well).
- Gargoyle is apparently The Last of His Kind: Phobos ordered the others to be exterminated, for no other reason than to prevent Elyon from discovering that they served him.
- Mirandas thoughts reveal that she used to have a better view of friendship, but while we dont know what caused that view to change, it must have been terrible.
- When she was just five years old, her (ordinary human) parents were burned at stake by Kur just because they wouldn't let him kill her along with other shapeshifters. He captures her by using false promises of letting her parents go if she gives herself in. If that wasn't bad enough, he forces her to watch their death while belittling her the entire time. No wonder that girl is so messed up.
- Drake (one of the more sane rebel leaders) is one of the few who doesn't doubt the Royal Guard's reformation. Then - just when the reconstruction of Sonder Hill is going well - he's left behind when the Knights capture Tynar, helpless to stop them.
Tearjerker / Kage