Virus Shark is a Horror Movie by Mark Polonia.
A deadly new virus has spread across the globe. Because the original carrier of the virus is sharks, it has been dubbed SHVID-1 (Sound familiar?), and the world has been thrown into chaos by it.
Humanity's last hope lies with a team of scientists at the bottom of the ocean, in the Cygnus Research Facility. This includes Gregory McLandon (Titus Himmelberger), Anne Satcher (Natalie Himmelberger), and Kristi Parks (Jamie Morgan). There's also the base engineer Rikter D'Amato (Steve Diasparra) and security guard Duke Larson (Ken Van Sant). These people need to find the cure for humanity while there's still a humanity to save. And they may have found it with the latest batch of corpses.
However, between a containment breach, and a conspiracy by Gregory and Shannon Muldoon (Sarah Duterte) may complicate things.
The film was released on April 13th, 2021.
Virus Shark contains examples of:
- '80s Hair: Duke has a very big mullet.
- Body Horror: Infection by SHVID-1 causes discoloration of the skin, and lesions to appear on the body of the infected. Prolonged infection causes the host to mutate into creatures known as Marauders.
- Boom, Headshot!: Anne is killed with a bullet to the head.
- Catapult Nightmare: Kristi wakes up from a nightmare of being attacked by an infected Anne in this manner aboard the escape pod.
- Downer Ending: Kristi, upon learning that humanity has been reduced to 130 people, decides to toss the SHVID-1 antidote into the sea, and then throws herself overboard, dooming humanity to extinction.
- Driven to Suicide: Kristi, upon learning humanity's been reduced to just 130 people, feels it's too late. So, she throws the SHVID-1 cure into the sea, and then jumps overboard herself.
- Handgun: Gregory is revealed to have one after agreeing with Shannon to kill the rest of the crew and take the antidote once it's completed.
- Sole Survivor: Kristi is the only person to make it to the surface alive.
- Tap on the Head: Gregory knocks Kristi unconscious by hitting her on the head with the butt of his gun.
- Underwater Base: The Cygnus Research Facility, upon which most of the movie takes place.
- The Virus: SHVID-1, which has devastated humanity, and is what the scientists need to find a cure for.