For several months now, somebody has been killing women in Oslo, each death occurring in the 22nd day of each month. The killer tries to strike again on October, but is fend off by a group of friends returning from a night out and killed in turn. Or that's what the group thinks, because then they start getting picked off one by one....
No relation to the card game of the same name.
This film has examples of:
- Big Bad: Murderer II, who's set out to avenge the death of Murderer I.
- Final Girl: Chan, whom the killer deliberately leaves last by tying her up before leaving to finish off the others.
- Forklift Fu: Chan uses a forklift to impale the killer after the requisite final chase scene. She is somehow able to drive onto him from behind without him hearing the forklift approaching until it is too late.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: When Murderer II is about to kill Chan (whom he has tied to a chair), Allan proves to be Not Quite Dead, and proceeds to knock him out by breaking a bottle on his head. Unfortunately, it's not enough to subdue him for good....
- The Illegal: Chan, Evin and Irasj are illegal immigrants, which is why the cast are reluctant to go to the police even as they are being killed off.
- Nightmare Dreams: After the surviving characters go to Rebekka's cabin to hide from the killer, Evin has an extended nightmare of the killer busting inside and chasing her outside. She even dreams that it's the guy that her and her friends killed in order to savor the plot twist to come.
- No Name Given: Neither of the serial killers are named, the credits simply call them Murderer I and Murderer II.
- The Reveal: The guy chasing the protagonists is not the same man whose death they caused. He was part of a serial killer tag team, and his partner is the one after them.
- Shear Menace: Four of the five victims die by getting stabbed with common household scissors.
- Shower Scene: The first onscreen victim, who is unrelated to the main cast, provides gratuitous nudity in the opening by taking a shower before she is attacked and killed in her apartment.
- Sinister Subway: After Chan leaves them to look for Allan, as she refuses to believe that he's dead, Evin and Rebekka decide to take refuge in the metro station, thinking that a public place will be safe for them. One is pushed on the tracks on front of the train, and the other ends up stabbed in one of the tunnels.
- Title by Number: 22 being the number of the date when the victims were initially claimed. The reason for this is never given.