The Iliad With Zombies is, well, Exactly What It Says on the Tin. A low budget film project which hit Youtube in 2011. Following the trend of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Jane Slayre, the story retells a nearly incomprehensible classic with a supernatural/horror twist.
The story opens in the fifth year of The Trojan War, where Hades, at the prompting of Persephone, intends to spite Zeus by refusing to let souls into the Underworld. The results are predictable. Things then fast forwards to the ninth year of the war, where the story as usual is told... just with zombies, demons, and ghosts (Oh my!) in the background.
Tropes used in this work:
- Achilles' Heel: The subject of numerous puns.
- Achilles in His Tent: Obviously, though he doesn't exactly stay there...
- Appeal to ObscurityAchilles: I could end up like Paris.
Patrocles: Who the hell is Paris?
Achilles: Exactly my point.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Catch-Phrase: Oh, so many.
- Achilles and Patrocles: "Cousin!"
- Achilles: "I mean everything I ever say."
- Briseis: "I just want to go home to my mom!"
- Odysseus: "Not to break up your subtext..."
- Xylon: "My soul is merged with all that is dead and all that will die...!"
- Deadpan Snarker: Basically everyone expect Paris, at some point or another.
- Devil in Plain Sight: Saying Menelaus' name causes a thunderclap.
- The Fighting Narcissist: Achilles himself, on and off the battlefield.
- Gender Bender: Goes hand in hand with the Economy Cast. Achilles, Apollo, Hades, Patrocles, and Diomedes all get this treatment.
- MetaphorgottenPatrocles: Basically, this is turning out a lot like To Kill A Mocking Bird... but with a lot less black people and a lot more spears.
Odysseus: Maybe you should have left a trail of breadcrumbs before starting off down that metaphor.
- Neat Freak: Hades can't stand the pile of clothes that Persephone has let pile up.
- Only Sane Man: Hector, and Odysseus to a lesser extent.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The vampires are basically people with a taste for blood, who try their best to ham it up.