Paranoia is a 2013 American thriller film directed by Robert Luketic, with a screenplay written by Barry L. Levy and Jason Dean Hall, based on the 2004 novel of the same name by Joseph Finder, and starring Liam Hemsworth, Gary Oldman, Amber Heard and Harrison Ford.
Definitely not to be confused with the Tabletop RPG of the same name, though that would probably have been a better source for film material. Also not to be confused with the 2011 movie written by and starring Brad Jones.
- Adaptational Heroism: Emma Jennings is now a completely innocent victim and romance interest of Adam, instead of being one of the players working for Jock playing Adam the whole time.
- Frank Cassidy is made into a wise old mentor who was right the entire time and steers Adam the correct way, instead of being a man lost in his own world, selfish, angry, and bitter at where he landed himself due to his actions who eventually dies of a heart attack.
- Adaptation Name Change: Meechum's first name is changed from Alfred to Miles in the movie.
- Adaptational Villainy: Jock Goddard loses most of his concern and caring for others, his noble business sense, and liking for Adam. Instead, he's just another villain out to get whatever he wants, using Adam as a tool.
- Big-Bad Ensemble: Nicholas Wyatt and Jock Goddard.
- Manipulative Bastard: Knowing it was a matter of time until Wyatt tried to send someone to spy on him, Goddard planned to get proof of this so he could blackmail Wyatt into selling Wyatt Mobile to him.
- The Mole: Adam Cassidy is forced into this role by Miles Meechum
- Spared by the Adaptation: Frank Cassidy's horrible lifestyle does not kill him in the film, and instead he is shown as the wise mentor, instead of the old fool he was in the book.
- Start My Own: Wyatt used to work for Goddard before he quit to start his own company.