Taryn Barker is a woman whose twelve-year-old sister was brutally raped and murdered. When the police did nothing to find the perp, she made a deal with a dark sorcerer to kill him, only to flee when he tried to claim her soul.
She takes up Demon Slaying, but is eventually caught by the detective who failed her so long ago. When the demons capture the detective's daughter, the two have to stop them from killing her.
Not to be confused with the 2005 film.
This film contains examples of:
- Action Prologue: Taryn killing a demon with a penchant for torturing women.
- Aerosol Flamethrower: Taryn uses one on some demons during the climax.
- And the Adventure Continues: Taryn decides to continue demon hunting after killing Falstaff.
- Arch-Enemy: Taryn Barker has Escharin Falstaff, an Evil Sorcerer who has laid claim to her soul.
- The Atoner: Taryn took up demon hunting when one of them killed her sister while she was supposed to be watching her.
- Big Bad: Escharin Falstaff, the Evil Sorcerer who set Barker on her path of vengeance and now plots to claim her soul.
- Job Title
- Karma Houdini: Nothing ever does happen to whoever raped and killed Taryn's sister. He's forgotten about as soon as the demonic conspiracy who are the real baddies show up.
- Our Demons Are Different: These are gray, sharp-toothed humanoids who used to be human until Black Magic made them into what they are today. They have Super Strength an arm-blades, and can shapeshifter to blend in with humanity. They can only be killed by decapitation and burial on holy ground, but will come back the second their head is removed from the grave.
- Reality Ensues: Taryn opens the film by brutally murdering a demon masquerading as a well-known businessman, and is not one minute later arrested. She never is cleared of any wrongdoing.
- The Sociopath: Escharin Falstaff, a centuries-old Evil Sorcerer who believes that God has abandoned the world, and uses that nihilism to convince hurting people to join his cult with the praise of revenge, only to enslave them. When one rebels, he considers it such an affront that he starts killing one person a day to draw her out.
- Straw Nihilist: Falstaff believes that nothing on Earth matters as God simply takes it back, and offers to give people a fleeting pleasure in exchange for their souls.
- Was Once a Man: Demons used to be humans, until they were turned by dark magic, either willingly or forced on them by others.