Dead Sushi is a film by Japanese film director Noboru Iguchi.
Keiko has trained all her life to become a great sushi chef like her renowned father, but he considers her too feminine to ever truly be capable of sushi mastery, so she runs away and finds work as a hotel hostess. Then, to complicate matters, somebody creates a serum that causes sushi to come to life and attack people.
This film features examples of:
- Action Girl: Martial artist Keiko fights against the sushi.
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Attack of the Killer Sushi.
- Ax-Crazy: The fishman fights with an axe.
- Big Bad: To a lesser extent, Nosaka.
- Bloody Hilarious: The sushi have blood. Maybe a little too much.
- Body Sushi: Two employees who have to become a living sushi platter are killed by the killer Body Sushi.
- Eleventh Hour Super Power: Sawada's scream turns the killer sushi back to normal.
- Eye Scream: Ms. Enomoto's death has her getting her tongue chewed on by an egg roe, followed by all the killer sushi joining in and forcing themselves down her throat, and suddenly her eyes explode out of her head onto her coworker.
- Fanservice: It wouldn't be a Japanese B-Movie otherwise! In particular, Ms. Enomoto, the secretary, has her breasts exposed during her death, with no reasonable explanation why her clothes came undone.
- Fantastic Racism: Eggy, the egg sushi, is bullied by the fish-based sushi.
- Food Eats You: The sushi bites back.
- Groin Attack: When Keiko fights against the customers, two men hit each others crotch.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The teen lovers who bump into the Yamada. First the girl is decapitated by his flying squid, and he head ends up lip-locked with the boyfriend, and the squid makes another run to nail both their heads together with its body.
- Razor Apples: Some sushi get blades after its mutation.
- Serious Business: Sushi for Keiko (who fights against the chef and the customers in the inn because his sushi doesn't meet her strict standards), her father (a chef renowned for his legendary sushi) and Yamada (who doesn't care for his life, but can't forgive wasting food).
- This Is Unforgivable!: "There is no forgiving those who insult sushi!" (Keiko)
- Token Heroic Orc: Eggy, an eggsushi who was excluded by the fish-based sushi, befriends the heroine Keiko and does later a Heroic Sacrifice.
- Tongue Trauma: Happens several times when the sushi attacks people. Most notable is when the secretary Ms. Enomoto gets attacked and we're treated to an extended sequence of her getting her tongue bitten and writhing erotically with her shirt becoming inexplicably unbuttoned and exposing her breasts.