Dead Sushi is a film by Japanese film director Noboru Iguchi.
We follow a woman named Keiko who is training as a sushi chef, but she wants to be a martial arts master. Then, to complicate matters, somebody creates a serum that causes sushi to come to life and attack people. Hilarity Ensues.
This film features examples of:
- Action Girl: Martial artist Keiko fights against the sushi.
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Attack of the Killersushi.
- Ax-Crazy: The fishman fights with an axe.
- Big Bad: To a lesser extent, Nosaka.
- Bloody Hilarious: The sushi have blood. Maybe a little too much.
- Body Sushi: Two employees who have to become a living sushi platter are killed by the killer Body Sushi.
- Eleventh Hour Super Power: Sawada's scream turns the killer sushi back to normal.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Take a wild guess.
- Fantastic Racism: Eggy, the eggsushi, is bullied by the fishbased sushis.
- Food Eats You: The sushi bites back.
- Groin Attack: When Keiko fights against the customers, two men hit each others crotch.
- Razor Apples: Some sushi get blades after its mutation.
- Serious Business: Sushi for Keiko (who fights against the chef and the customers in the inn because of the sushi), her father (a proud chef) and Yamada (who doesn't care for his life, but can't forgive wasting food)
- This Is Unforgivable!: "There is no forgiving those who insult sushi!" (Keiko)
- Token Heroic Orc: Eggy, an eggsushi who was excluded by the fishbased sushis, befriends the heroine Keiko and does later a Heroic Sacrifice.
- Tongue Trauma: Happens several times when the sushi attacks people.