A Girl Like Her is a 2015 Mockumentary Drama written and directed by Amy S. Weber. When Jessica (Lexi Ainsworth) is hospitalized in a drug-induced coma brought about by a suicide attempt, filmmaker Amy Gallagher (Amy S. Weber) coincidentally making a documentary about the high school Jessica goes to decides to focus on uncovering the truth about what drove Jessica to suicide. It soon comes to light that her best friend Brian (Jimmy Bennett) had been enlisted by Jessica to help her expose the relentless bullying that Avery (Hunter King) has been putting her through.
The film provides examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Avery: shes pretty, shes popular, and shes cruel.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Avery. While most of the other students had sensed hostility between her and Jessica, no one apart from Jessica, Brian, and Averys Girl Posse knew the extent Averys continuous torment of Jessica.
- Bittersweet Ending: Jessica survives, but her kidneys didn't.
- Broken Bird: Jessica, years of being bullied by a former friend will do that to you.
- The Bully: Avery. And how!
- Caught on Tape: Thanks to Brians Spy Cam, Averys bullying of Jessica is filmed and later published.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: As more and more of her deeds are exposed, Avery continuously refuses to apologize or acknowledge herself as a bully and instead twists the blame onto Jessica making her look even worse.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Averys years of bullying Jessica started because Jessica didnt let Avery cheat off of her on a test once.
- Driven to Suicide: Jessica. Thankfully, she survives.
- Girl Posse: Avery has one, which doubles as a Gang of Bullies. They abandon her once the rest of the school turns on her after learning about her bullying.
- Heel Realization: When Avery finally relents and watches the footage of herself, she slowly comes to grips with the fact that she has been bullying Jessica and that she is largely responsible for the latters suicide attempt. It brings her to tears.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After realizing just how awful shes been and the devastating results Avery is visibly shaken and voices her remorse and shock at herself.
- Nice Guy: Brian, and Jessica is a Nice Girl.
- Spy Cam: Brian gives Jessica on to hide on her shirts, in order to document Averys abuse.
- True Companions: Jessica and Brian.
- Wham Shot: The final scene of the movie shows Jessica opening her eyes, finally awakening from her coma.