The characters include:
- Hammy Fink - A hamster who can be quite competitive. His favorite activity is racing.
- Rachel "Ranger" Fink - Hammy's cousin who is pretty much only known by her nickname. She is fluent in Mock Swedish, but only knows a little Mock Korean.
- Peepums Fink - Ranger Fink's sister and Hammy's other cousin. She is quite playful.
- Mr. Benjamin Raptis - A Bunsen Honeydew-like character who works at Hamster Labs. He is usually called "Professor" by the other characters.
- OddBall Gilligan - An odd hamster who can walk up walls. Possibly created by putting the Odd Race and Gilligan (from Gilligan's Island) in a blender.
- Alicia Lily Aska - A giant hamsternote from Alaska. She is Mr. Raptis' assistant at Hamster Labs.
List of episodes:
- The Beginning: An episode about how (according to Rodentians) the game of Hamsterball was created.
- Get Fink: A Get Smart parody starring Ranger Fink.
The HamsterBall Show! contains examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: How Ranger Fink got her nickname.
- All There in the Manual: In the author's comment for the character list, he mentions that Ranger Fink, Peepums, Mr. Raptis, and Squeaks the Mousetrap have names from Hamsterball's default high score table.
- Always Identical Twins: Lily and Lexi la Meeshwa.
- Arc Number: 26, as is the case with nearly all the author's work. It appears in "The Beginning". A 99 has yet to appear in the show.
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: Carla Cakenpresser, a Swedish Chef parody, speaks Mock Swedish. Ranger Fink does too (but she mainly speaks English), and OddBall apparently knows Mock Korean.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Alicia was this at first.
- Cloudcuckoolander: FunBall.
- OddBall counts as well.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Mr. Raptis is usually called "Professor" by the other characters.
- Funny Animal: The non-obstacle characters.
- Fun with Acronyms: Alicia's name. See below.
- Gentle Giant: Alicia after the hamsters rescue her.
- Gravity Screw: OddBall can walk up walls.
- I Can't Hear You: The Hamsterball of Silence, a parody of Get Smart's Cone of Silence.
- Inflationary Dialogue: Well, the "Get Fink" episode is a Get Smart parody.Ranger Fink: I happen to be an expert on escaping from these traps. Why, I've learned all kinds of escapes from watching four straight hours of MythBusters! Would you believe it? Four hours of MythBusters!
Bonk the Hammer: I find that hard to believe.
Ranger Fink: Would you believe three hours of Gilligan's Island?
Bonk: I don't think so.
Ranger Fink: How about half an hour of Odd Squad?
- Meaningful Name: The town of Rodentia is inhabited by rodents.
- OddBall looks odd with her strange hairstyle and mismatched shoes, and she can even walk up walls!
- Alicia's first and middle initials, combined with her last name, reveal where she's from. (A. L. Aska)
- FunBall, a fun-loving Cloudcuckoolander.
- Lily and Lexi la Meeshwa. Their last name comes from the sound that plays whenever someone teleports due to touching one of them.
- Spinner the Gear.
- Bonk the Hammer. He likes bonking the hamsters (unless they're his patients at Hamsterball Hospital).
- Carla Cakenpresser. Before becoming a Hamsterball obstacle, she apparently had a job at a bakery, flattening cakes (for an unknown reason).
- Ruby the Rocket, who is colored red.note
- Gary Granite. He's a rock.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Ranger Fink. In fact, the only character who calls her Rachel (which is her real name) is Mr. Raptis.
- The Professor: Mr. Raptis.
- Punny Name:
- Nowya Simi, AKA Nowya Dont. She has the ability to turn invisible.
- Pokey Dot.
- Alicia Lily Aska. Guess where she's from.note
- Ella Vator. She's an elevator from the Up Race.
- Haylie the Comet. Yes, that's how her name's spelled. She's actually not from any canon race, but rather, from a race created by the author: the Space Race.
- Minnie the Mini 8-Ball.
- Shoe Phone: Ranger Fink is shown to have one at the beginning of the "Get Fink" story.
- Shout-Out: The entire chapter where OddBall's last name is revealed has references to all seven castaways on Gilligan's Island.
- If not for the author mentioning it, it would be very unlikely to find a reference to the Howells.
- The entire "Get Fink" story, including the title, is a reference to Get Smart.
- In the "would you believe" sequence in that story, Ranger Fink mentions MythBusters, Gilligan's Island, and Odd Squad, in that order.
- Then Bonk references an episode of Odd Squad!
- Stealth Pun: The reference to the Howells in the chapter "Agent Gilligan" is the words "how will".
- Steven Ulysses Perhero: Alicia Lily Aska. In other words: A. L. Aska.
- The Unintelligible: Carla Cakenpresser.