Following the Nazi high command and its successful quest for global domination, it turns a terrifying premise into a nonstop laugh fest. The keys to its success were simple: Refuge in Audacity and Rule of Funny. This AAR became so famous that, nearly 16 years after its release, it has drawn many people into the Hearts of Iron series and Paradox Interactive as a whole.
It can be found here.
This work contains examples of:
- Even Evil Has Standards: What causes Rommel and the rest to turn on Hitler is the potential nuking of Haiti.
- Just One More Level: In-universe. Hitler falls victim to this; Hearts of Iron is just that addicting.
- Legacy Character: The many, many James Bonds.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: To the author's surprise, one of the first major resistances to world domination was Sweden.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: As long as he has the One Disk, Hitler is invincible.
- Not So Different: One of the very few serious moments has FDR pointing out that the United States' democracy can be just as bad as fascism.