TheAvengersShouldntText is a Slice of Life Log Fic Tumblr collection of the earth's mightiest heroes' private text messages. It follows the mundane (but hilarious) text conversations of various characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor through their texts.
It can be found here.
TheAvengersShouldntText provides examples of:
- Antiquated Linguistics: Thor.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Poor Pepper.
- Cuteness Proximity: Thor loves bunnies.
- Deadpan Snarker: Tony, Pepper, Darcy, Loki, Clint and Natasha, quite a bit.
- Dork Knight: Thor in all his glory.
- Emoticon: Thor discovered how to make one for a whale. And a baby one. ("IT IS AN INFANT")
- Friendly Enemy: Everyone texts Loki like it's no big deal.
- Mundane Object Amazement: More like Mundane Object Confusion. Thor and Cap have trouble with various common objects and their uses.
- No Indoor Voice: Thor texts in ALL CAPS. According to Tony, trying to discourage from doing so is a bad idea.
- Noodle Implements: Used in response to a question of how Tony and Steve hooked up."BUT, it's really not a story for polite company.... It involves copious amounts of liquor, an I Love Lucy marathon, Goldfish crackers and a very creative use of caramel sauce."
- Unexplained Recovery: Bucky is inexplicably alive. Not quite so unexplained, with the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- The Unintelligible: Bucky, who apparently has trouble texting on his phone. The words are so mangled it's hard to read. Also apparently his phone keep auto-texting "Knives" and "Knifing" and "Fucking Tony Stark" in the place of other words.
- Unusual Euphemism: As per Captain America: The First Avenger, the word "fondue" appears as one for "sex" and now all the characters use it. Also "Apple Pie".
- Yaoi Guys: Cap and Tony are together. It's actually pretty adorable.