Reverse RWBY is a Fan Verse that acts as an Alternate Universe of the show. It was inspired by a Tumblr post by the colorinplatinum. Bastart13 took the post and rolled with the idea, creating fan-art and ideas based off of it.
In this verse, the heroes of RWBY are antagonists while the villains are heroic. The main cast consists of team ERMN— Emerald. Roman, Mercury, and Neo —and team WTCH—Watts, Tyrian, Cinder, and Hazel.
Bastart13's posts in the AU can be seen here.
This fan-verse provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents:
- Cinder grew up with an abusive family. She awakened her Maiden powers early and used them to run away.
- Mercury was raised by his abusive father Markus, but he was saved at a young age.
- Tyrian was ran out of his home for being a scorpion Faunus. He was taken in by a ringleader but ran off because she didn't care for him.
- The Ace: Mercury takes Pyrrha's place as a world-renowned skilled fighter.
- Adaptational Heroism: Most of the villains are heroes. For example, Salem now runs Beacon from the shadows.
- Adaptational Villainy: Heroic characters like Ruby and Oz are now either Anti Villains or outright villains.
- Age Lift: Ages are shifted around. For example, Watts is a teenager, while Whitley is an adult (and is older than his sisters).
- Big Brother Instinct: Played for Drama. Yang is around simply to protect her sister Ruby. She cares for Ruby to an unhealthy manner and will get violent towards anyone who tries to hurt her.
- Childhood Friends: Neo and Roman are two friends from Brunswick Farm.
- Happily Adopted: As a child, Mercury was saved from his abusive father and taken in by someone else.
- Parental Abandonment: Emerald is an orphan who was raised by a group of thieving orphans.
- White Sheep: Whitley is the last remaining "good Schnee". He tries to follow in his grandfather's footsteps.