"The Core Timeline is an amalgamation of chaos. The so-called real world has been overlapped with the realms of movies, comic books, anime, and more. Fanfictions have literally come to life.
An alternate of Rei Ayanami that has taken up the mantle of Wonder Woman and an alt of Mabel Pines must work together to deal with an unknown threat. A deadly enemy intent on claiming the power of the gods...
This work provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: For Rei "Theta/Wonder Woman" Ayanami of the Chicago Branch Champions.
- Aliens in Cardiff: Turns out that Hyrule overlaps with the Coreline Earth version of Pennsylvania of all places.
- Big Bad: An Alternate of Doctor Faust, who as is typical of him wants to steal the power of the gods. In this specific case, he turned his attention to the Goddesses of Hyrule.
- Composite Character: The Alternate version of Mabel that is a member of the party, even if she is still Mabel, has some of the knowledge of secret codes and such that her brother has. The Alternate of Asuka also borrows heavily from a fellow Wonder Woman character: Artemis.
- Entertainingly Wrong: The trio assumed, from the Amazonian involvement, that the plot centered around the powers of the Greek goddesses, but Felix was actually after the Triforce of the Hyrule Goddesses.
- Family of Choice: Explicitly stated by Rei when asked why she's a Champion instead of a Teen Titans or Justice League member: the Champions have long since become family.
- Imagine Spot: Mabel imagines herself as Wonder Woman, in full "war goddess" regalia, at one point. In context, she is given compliments by the other two Amazons. And it's as goofy as you expect.
- Karmic Jackpot: Asuka ends up getting told by Rei that she'll vouch for her if she tries to become a Wonder Woman once the mission ends.
- Right Hand vs. Left Hand: This trope applying to the Themiscyrian Council of Queens is mentally noted by Theta as a possible reason why Asuka was sent to Hyrule despite Theta and Mabel already being on the mission.
- Rivalry Tropes: Completely and utterly defied with the Amazon Alternate of Asuka Langley Sohryu that becomes a Guest-Star Party Member. The set-up is there (Asuka is canonically shown to believe herself The Rival to Rei, she is essentially fusioned with Artemis, who started her life as an Anti-Hero Substitute rival to Wonder Woman before she learnt the error of her ways and got (temporarily) killed, and so on — she even spends the whole story running around in a Leotard of Power colored black and green) but she is such a big fan of the Princess that it never happens. Even when they eventually spar, Asuka makes clear that she will not feel any ill will if she loses.
- Selfless Wish: Theta uses her wish on the Triforce to make the desolate area they had passed through earlier a thriving town.
- Squee!: Any chances that this version of Asuka Langley Sohryu has any issues with Rei are stymied when she acts like a fan meeting her idol before, during and after saluting Rei.
- Ugly Cute: Well, Mabel sure believes this of a Snubbull that Rei brought along.