After Negi's adventures in Mundus Magicus, our heroes did not win without sacrifice. One of their own died, and over the years some of class 3-A has either moved on or disappeared entirely.
Three years later, somewhere in the Netherworld, someone wakes up to find out she is a full blooded demon.
Her name is Konoka Konoe.
And she is now one of the most powerful light wielders in all of the Netherworld. Instant Weirdness Magnet, anyone?
Of course, things like that can't go smoothly. Her awakening has attracted the attention of a few interested parties, including some the more famous Evil Overlords. Things get even more complicated as her memories of what happened to her three years ago surface.
So sit back and watch the fireworks fly here.
And because the author confirms and understands that Loads and Loads of Characters is hard to keep up with, here is a useful character sheet. (Note: Under Construction) Also note that I'm trying to keep character specific tropes to the character page, unless they are plot relevant.
Provides Examples Of:
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: Nodoka thought she had it bad during canon events. Attempting to read Cygnus's mind during his opening attack exposed her to this.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: Played straight with Konoka's rampage three years ago. Then subverted, and trying hard to keep it that way when she takes Setsuna's life.
- Catch Phrase: Dood!
- Cursed With Awesome: Averted. Konoka worries about her demonhood for all of a day before getting used to it. It does not stop her from wondering what friends and family might say when/if she encounters them again
- Defeat Means Friendship: Not yet, but we're getting there.
- Dynamic Entry: DYNAMIS ENTRY!
- Enforced Cold War: After beating Konoka, Priere declares she'll stay. Satsuki, Flonne, and Raspberyl are the only things standing in the way between Konoka and Priere at any given time...
- First-Episode Spoiler: Konoka isn't established as the main character until midway through the prologue, and summaries never spoiled this until chapter 9.
- Heroic Second Wind: Konoka gets a second boost right as Mao, Negi, Satsuki and Setsuna plead with the True Heart.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Nagi
- Intercontinuity Crossover: You will find a laundry list of things that hook both canons together, oddly enough most of them involve Raspberyl.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: Mao and Negi's trip to Konoka's heart, which plays out a lot more like Kingdom Hearts instead of Disgaea 3.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Konoka has difficulty remembering her immediate past before the sleep which may be from outside interference
- The Legions of Hell: Fallen Angels invading a demon Netherworld?! Unheard of! ...no wait, this is Makai Senki
NegimaDisgaea after all.
- Noble Demon: Noble Demons. Noble Demons Everywhere.
- No Sneak Attacks: Most of the Gehenna residents couldn't even detect the Erinyes until they talk, and yet they shout before attacking. Subverted with Konoka versus Iza and Nami, who give no such warning, but she is able to detect them anyway. Also subverted with Flonne's meeting with Tayuya.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: The entirety of Ars Goetia, but with good reason
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Priere all the way.
- Only Sane Man: Satsuki Yotsuba
- Outside-Context Problem: The Erinyes
- Screw Destiny: Konoka doesn't want to destroy the world. So far it looks like You Can't Fight Fate though.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: As of recently, Konoka may have this fate thanks to her power accelerating, the loss of Setsuna and a prophecy that states such... unless she embraces evil