Succubus Days is an ongoing work by LakituAl. An Urban Fantasy Slice of Life, Succubus Days is set in a coast city that is totally not California, and follows the antics of Ai, a shape shifting Succubus dealing with problems and issues that come with her lifestyle.
One night, while surveying from the rooftop of an abandoned apartment complex, Ai locates what she thinks is an exquisite pray: A Pretty Boy of White Hair, Black Heart wandering alone, all in the open. Just before trying to catch the guy, it turns out someone else has her eyes set on him, namely, a small vampire who introduces herself as Katey the Third. Fighting ensues and Ai wins, but, due to a big misunderstanding and the guy's inexplicable immunity to her charms, he is now under the impression Ai is none other than a Vampire Slayer.
The man introduces himself as Derrick, and makes small talk with Ai before being found by a girl friend of his and giving him a ride. Thus, Derrick now becomes 'the one who got away', and Ai swears he shall find him again, and get him for good.
Also, more subplots and loads of characters.
This work has examples of:
- The Alleged Car: Derrick's car, dubbed the BishieMobile by Chris.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Keyboard is described as having pale, blueish skin.
- All Myths Are True
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Ai, being a Succubus, engages in activities such as rape, murder, identity theft and... stealing a bike.
- Beach Chapter: The Fifth Chapter. Needless to say, the narrator can't resist lampshading how fast the story got one.
- Big Eater: Amanda.
- Body Horror: To a small extent with Amanda, the Two Mouth Woman.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Quite common, though it's mostly by the narrator himself. The first chapter is interrupted by an Infomercial, of all things.
- Cute Monster Girl: Succubus? Check. Two Mouth Woman? Check. Vampire Mini Moe? Check. Head-bobbing Banshee? Check. As you see, this work BREATHES this trope.
- Cuteness Proximity: This is Ai's main method of luring pray, along with Hypnotic Eyes. And yet, for some reason, Derrick seems to be immune...
- Everyone Calls Her Keyboard: The girl who plays the keyboard, natch. Worth noting Katey the Third has her own nickname for her: Kiki.
- Five-Man Band: Majo and the Kittycats:
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: The protagonists:
- Ai (Choleric)
- Teresa (Sanguine)
- Owl (Melancholic)
- Amanda (Phlegmatic)
- Idiosyncratic Chapter Naming: Each title is a Shout-Out to a different video game, in one shape or the other. Some are more obvious than others.
- Monster Mash
- Morality Pet: Ai has Amanda, who in turn has the owl.
- Ominous Owl: The owl that roosts in front of the apartment building despises Ai, and attacks her at every chance possible. Of course, the same owl gets along with Amanda quite well.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The work plays and zigzags many aspects of them. Katey the Third needs to beware the sun, but running water is no obstacle for her, godly amounts of self regeneration are possible, Katey the Second being a devoted Christian... The list goes on and on.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Because that tiny girl playing bass for Majo and the Kittycats is definitely not Katey the Third with a wig.
- Ai is prone to this too, due to a small quirk in her shape shifting powers: No matter what appearance she takes, she can't change her eye color, nor hide the mole on her left cheek.
- And then there's Amanda hiding her second mouth under a plain blanket in the fifth chapter. It seems the story is set in a place full of gullible idiots...
- Prehensile Hair: Amanda the Two Mouth Woman. It comes with some nice fangs as well.
- Unusual Euphemism: Ai is fond of using these when talking about her job. 'Kissy Kissy time', 'go out and play', 'go hunting'...
- Unconventional Formatting: Dialogue spoken by characters in a trance-like state is written in different fonts than the usual, denoting the unusual tone they are speaking in.
- Also, Katey the Third's unusual SPEECH patterns, eh.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: Ai isn't particularly well endowed, yet she seems to store lots and lots of stuff in there...