Silent Despair Inc: Blood Money is a Discord roleplay that borrows themes from the original Visual Novel Danganronpa where a group of talented individuals from Hope's Peak Academy are forced into a mutual killing game inside a store owned by the inexplicable and globally renowned organization known as Hope Incorporated.
Participation is via application only, and the RP is held entirely on Discord.
Silent Despair Inc: Blood Money contains examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: It's the point of the game.
- Dark Secret: Secrets could be bought from the student's personal stores.
- Empty Chair Memorial: Even after a student dies, their podium remains during the class trials.
- Everyone Went to School Together: They're all students of Hope's Peak.
- Humans Are Flawed: Hope Incorporated started experimenting on the human brain to create superhumans.
- Teen Genius: All the students since everyone was accepted into Hope's Peak Academy for being the best in their age.
- Translation Convention: The game is written in English but all characters are presumed to be speaking Japanese unless stated otherwise.
Characters and descriptions belong to their respective players.
Artwork done by Jun
Super High School Level Vending Machine Placement Scout
Atsu is one of the masterminds of the killing game, as well as the culprit of Chapter 5 and 6, having shot Seichou Shirane and electrocuted Hisanobu Fubuki. She is saved by a vote, however, and ultimately survives the killing game.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- For the longest time Atsu thought she started the killing game.
- In Chapter 5 she panicked and shot Seichou.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Vitamin Jelly Drinks
Super High School Level Costumist (Super High School Level Fear Inducer
Cape survives the killing game.
- Chuunibyou: Subverted. During prologue and chapter one, he puts on a fake Chuunibyou front to hide his true identity and personality.
- Cosplay: Cape wears a Mimikyu themed outfit.
Super High School Level Merchant (Super High School Level Crime Lord)
Khal is the victim of Chapter 4, found dead of exsanguination.
- Obviously Evil: He taught Atsu how to use a gun which led to Seichou's death. Slightly subverted with most of his interactions to those he tolerates. For example. Kihaku and Seichou.
Super High School Level Taiko Drummer
Kihaku is the culprit of Chapter 4, having stabbed Khal whilst under the effects of the motive. He is caught and executed.
- Berserk Button: The word 'crybaby' triggered him into killing Khal.
Super High School Level Graffiti Artist
Kossetsu is found injured in Chapter 2 via blunt trauma, but lives. They survive the killing game.
- Better to Die than Be Killed: If authorities ever caught them.
- Miles to Go Before I Sleep: They've come to terms with their cancer.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": They hate their surname, Komatsu, due to its association with their family and the business world.
- Foreshadowing: They mention their bad arm early in the game. It's where their cancer started.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Somewhere very, very deep. In their core they still want to help others.
- Nothing but Skin and Bones Kossetsu's physique is the result of their cancer and malnourishment.
- Punny Name: 'Kossetsu' means broken bone which is a play on the fact they have bone cancer.
Yves/Julienna van Onna
Super High School Level Horror Writer
Yves survives the killing game.
- Break the Cutie: Under the influence of the motive, she attempted to kill Atsu in Chapter 4.