Yamato Damashinote is a Japanese artist and Flash animator. He mostly creates Touhou fan comics that contain portrayals of the characters that are a lot more silly than their official personalities, making for very silly stories from start to finish. His humor mostly relies on having characters beat the crap out of each other, some very ridiculous events, and a multitude of refrences to other Touhou fan artists. Yamato is mostly known for having one of the cutest portrayals of Flandre ever, who also happens to be one of the most mischievous portrayals ever, with a very, very short fuse. His Flash animations have probably spawned one of the wierdest memes on the internet.
Yamato has worked on:
- The SDM! - A Flash animation where Sakuya goes on a rampage after everyone pushes her Berserk Buttons.
- Flan's Big Rampage - The second Touhou Flash animation done by him. Flandre pisses off everyone, then begins to fool them some more as they hunt for her.
- Seventh Warehouse - A collection of interactive Touhou Flash scenes, with a new one every time.
- It Might Be The Scarlet Mist Incident - A hilarious take on the events of Touhou 6, introducing his portrayals of Reimu and Marisa, who he portrays as crazy nutcases that are Too Dumb to Live with a love for bombs.
His works contain examples of:
- Armor Piercing Punch: Characters get punched in the face quite often.
- Berserk Button: Almost every character has one.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Guess who.
- Butt-Monkey: Remilia and Koakuma, the latter being literally put in a "non-flammable trash" bag, that got cut up mere seconds later.
- The Chew Toy: Everyone has their fair share of ridiculous pain.
- Cross-Popping Veins: By the hundreds of thousands, especially when it comes to Flan.
- Cute and Psycho: Don't piss off Flan.
- Denser and Wackier: Probably one of the sillier Touhou fan artists.
- Four-Man Band: Remi's the Only Sane Girl, Patchy's the smart one who's very lazy, Flan's the little miscreant, and Koakuma's the Butt-Monkey.
- No Indoor Voice: Everyone can and will yell at several points.
- Sadist Show: Gensokyo's already a dangerous place, but Yamato's comics portray it as hell to live in, where Remilia will burst through the floor to drop off her angry sister, and also where getting socked in the face is not uncommon.
- Too Dumb to Live: Reimu and Marisa can't stop scheming up stupid plans, and when they aren't, they're busy provoking Flan.