The main purpose of VRV is to unite related content from Otter Media's own Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and Fullscreen, with those of third-party partners that specialize in "geek" entertainment under one roof. Each partner's content is organized into "channels" that can be purchased a la carte, or as an all-in-one combo pack.
Eventually, VRV would also offer its own exclusive content under its VRV Select channel. VRV Select would also become home to content from "shuttered" channels; channels that were either too small or, in the case of Seeso, content from providers that have since been shuttered themselves.
While some of VRV's content (include those of Otter Media own brands) can still accessed independently of the site, others are exclusive to the service. This wouldn't be a problem had it not been for the fact VRV is currently exclusive to the United States and many of its partners, such as Frederator's Cartoon Hangover and Mondo Media, who have previously made their content available worldwide on YouTube, are now producing content exclusively for VRV.
Nonetheless, VRV has seen further growth in 2018 after AT&T became the sole owner of Otter Media AND finished its acquisition of Time Warner, now known as WarnerMedia. By November of that year, Boomerang, from Warner's Turner Broadcasting, would join the service and TBS original series Final Space would be added to VRV Select.
- Cartoon Hangover — Web Original cartoons from Frederator Studios
- HIDIVE — Anime and Asian content from Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films, and the former Anime Network Online.
- Mondo Media
- Nick Rewind
- Rooster Teeth
- VRV Select — Houses television shows and movies not seen on the other channels.
- Adam Savage's Tested — Technology-related content from the former MythBusters co-host.
- CuriosityStream — Factual, non-fiction programming
- DramaFever — From Warner Bros. former Korean drama streaming site.
- Funimation — Split after Sony bought Funimation.
- Geek & Sundry
- Ginx TV — Esports-related content from the British-based gaming channel.
- Machinima — Ironically, acquired by AT&T and shuttered soon afterwards.
- Mubi — Arthouse films
- Seeso — From NBCUniversal's former comedy streaming site.
- Shudder — Horror genre content from AMC's streaming service.
Shows streaming on VRV with their own pages include:
- Apollo Gauntlet
- Carmilla the Series
- The Cyanide & Happiness Show
- Dofus: The Treasures of Kerubim
- Epithet Erased
- Final Space
- Gary and His Demons