Yonkoma mangaka, illustrator, and character designer famous for her unique puni-moe style. She has authored several manga series, illustrated a number of light novels, and has been an important member of the creative team behind the Dept. Heaven series since Yggdra Union. Her penname is written all in katakana, and her surname (きゆづき) can be romanized as "Kiyuduki", "Kiyuzuki", or "Kiyudzuki". The third is the most phonetically correct, but the first is most often used in official documents. As a Reclusive Artist, her year of birth is unknown, her birthdate is February 7, and she lives somewhere in Fukui Prefecture.
Her leap to fame both in the English-speaking community and Japan occurred when Shinichi Ito of Sting Entertainment, worrying about who ought to handle the main visuals of his new masterpiece, went to a bookstore and picked up a light novel she had illustrated. Ito fell in love with her art, got in touch with her, she took him up on his offer, and the rest is history.
Kiyuduki's art is characterized by soft, childish designs, liberal use of Super-Deformed segments, careful use of various coloring techniques, and ridiculously intricate medieval attire. Her handwriting resembles the font Kristen ITC, and she often incorporates elements of her previous designs into whatever project she's working on nownote . She never uses assistants, doing all of the work for all her projects by herself. As she works on dark fairy tales and the Dept. Heaven series, expect intentional Art-Style Dissonance. She does use a more mature, less super-deformed style for some of her game designs.
As for the woman herself? Based on her appearances in interviews, she can swing from being a tennen boke worthy of Kisaragi (she sometimes doesn't realize plot points involved in her designs until she plays the games in question) to a clever joker ("Mr. Ito always asks for chains, spikes, and a cursed feeling!") very quickly.
Kiyuduki-sensei's works include:
- Pano's Mini Adventure (Monthly Dragon Magazine) - oneshot
- GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class (COMIC Gyutto!, Manga Time Kirara Carat) - 7 volumes, complete
- Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro (Manga Time Kirara) - 7 volumes, complete
- Roleplay Guruguru (Monthly Dragon Magazine) - made an Orphaned Series after it was dropped from the magazine
- Memories of Knights in the Nightmare (Sting Monthly Limited)
- Yggdra Universe (Yggdra Union Anthology Comic) - oneshot
Light novels illustrated
- The Bad Reality When I Wake - Dear Diary 1
- Goodbye, Little Sister.
- My Fair Sister: Princess, You Make Fists Too Much.
- My Fair Sister: Siwas, It's Time To Eat!
- More Pano's Mini Adventures
- Dept. Heaven series:
- Kirara Fantasia (character designer for the Big Bad and the Mascot Mook) - Her work there is part of the game featuring a "who's who" of Manga Time Kirara mangaka providing designs for the Original Generation NPC cast to complement its Massive Multiplayer Crossover nature