Matthew "Matt" Darren Evans (born 11 April 1981 in Swansea, Wales) is a Welsh actor, who first became known for providing the voice and motion capture of Edward Kenway in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
Just one short year later, Matt landed the title role on NBC's Constantine and has quickly become the go-to actor for John in a live-action and voiced capacity. Upon its cancellation after one season, fan reaction (and the approval of Stephen Amell) prompted him to reprise the role on Arrow as a special guest star in an episode of its fourth season, with the potential for him to return if the plot calls for his presence. He reprised the role of John Constantine — albeit in a voice acting capacity — for the animated adaptation of the Justice League Dark comic, and showed up in the Arrowverse again in season 3 of Legends of Tomorrow. From there, Matt became a cast member in the fourth season and voice Constantine again in the web series Constantine: City of Demons.
Not to be confused with the NFL quarterback of the same name.
- Layer Cake (2004) as Junkie 2
- The Tudors (2007) as Richard Pace
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (2008) as Gerry
- Criminal Minds (2010) as Mick Rawson
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2013) as Edward Kenway
- Arrowverse (2014 — present) as John Constantine:
- DC Animated Movie Universe as John Constantine (voice)