Eoin Colfer (born 14 May 1965) is an Irish author, most famous for his Artemis Fowl books. A very capable author, he has been compared to J. K. Rowling, and like the Harry Potter books, his Artemis Fowl series has been used to benchmark and compare other authors.
And he's from Ireland (specifically, Wexford), hence the Irish spelling of his name.
Colfer's works include, but are not limited to:
- And Another Thing...
- Artemis Fowl
- Half Moon Investigations
- The Supernaturalist
- The Wish List
- Iron Man: The Gauntlet
- Highfire (January 2020)
Tropes of which Eoin Colfer is found guilty:
- Author Tract: Environmentalism is very important to him, thus his driving it into reader's skulls in every book he writes.
- Irish/Celtic pride.
- Mythology Gag: His books have a few recurring names:
- Phonetix is a large corporation that's mentioned in both the Artemis Fowl series and The Supernaturalist.
- Myishi is a character in The Wish List and also a corporation in The Supernaturalist.
- Stefan Bashkir, a major character in The Supernaturalist, is also an alias used by Artemis Fowl.
- The Artemis Fowl Files (a companion book) is dedicated to "Finn, Artemis's best friend." Finn is the surname of the main character of The Wish List, and also a false surname that gets used by the main character of Airman.