Star Wars: Allegiance is a Star Wars Expanded Universe comic book miniseries, written by Ethan Sacks and with art by Luke Ross, Lee Loughridge and Marco Checchetto. The four-part series was published between October 9th and October 30th, 2019.
Set soon after the events of The Last Jedi, the miniseries focuses on the Resistance's attempts to rebuild after their devastating losses. To that end, Leia Organa decides to reach out to one of their oldest allies, the Mon Calamari, but after decades of fighting and with the First Order targeting anyone who dares aid the Resistance, will she be able to persuade them to help? Meanwhile, Poe and Finn search for a weapons cache in an old Republic base, but bounty hunters are hot on their trail.
Contains examples of:
- Bar Brawl: Finn manages to get himself into one at the Wayward Comet Refuelling Station, though it's unclear exactly how it started. BB-8 finishes it for him.
- Bittersweet Ending: The Resistance are able to secure Mon Cala's support in the war against the First Order, but in the process the First Order learn of it and invade the planet. Given how they've been treating anyone who even dares make contact with the Resistance, let alone aid them, things aren't looking too good for Mon Cala.
- Cliffhanger: Issue 1 ends with Leia, Chewie, Rey, Rose and Threepio being held at blaster-point as they arrive on Mon Cala. Issue 2 ends with Chadkol contacting the First Order to inform them that the Resistance are on the planet.
- Due to the Dead: Leia and Aftab Ackbar visit a shrine to the latter's fallen father, Gial Ackbar, on Mon Cala.
- Icon of Rebellion: Following Luke Skywalker's death, Leia Organa is regarded by many as being "the most important symbol of the Resistance", to the point that some of the other leadership dont want her going on missions in case something happens to her. Naturally, it doesn't stop her.
- Landfill Beyond the Stars: The Resistance have made camp on The Garbage Planet Of Anoat.
- Red Shirt: Poe and Finn take a few other Resistance members with them to Avedot, who have never been seen before and have minimal characterization. They all quickly get killed by the bounty hunters after them.
- Scenery Porn: Tah'Nuhna is a beautiful-looking planet, filled with tall, glittering buildings made of volcanic glass. Then the First Order blows the city to pieces.
- Tempting Fate:
- Upon arriving on Mon Cala, Leia states "It'll be good to where we can feel safe and welcomed for a change." She and her companions are immediately held at gunpoint by several angry Quarren and Mon Calamari.
- When Finn and Poe lead an expedition to find weapons on Avedot, Finn remarks "This is shaping up to be the easiest mission we've ever had", prompting Poe to say "Why...why would you say something like that? Don't you realize that's just asking for trouble?"
- Trial by Combat: Chadkol suggests the matter of the Resistance 'starting a brawl' in the streets of Dac City could be settled by the Ancient Rite of Challenge. Rey accepts in order to free herself and her friends quickly, so they can move onto securing Mon Cala's assistance (and because she desperately wants to do something useful for the Resistance).