Character Index | The Lords | First Generation (Males, Females) | Second Generation | Allies and Neutral Factions | Grima and the Grimleal | Lesser Antagonists
This page details the first generation characters of Fire Emblem Awakening. For other characters, head back to the index here.
- Action Dad: or Action Mom to their respective children.
- Bonus points go to Chrom and his wife, since they give birth to Lucina before they learn that her future self is fighting alongside them, and thus qualify for these tropes regardless of time travel.
- Action Girl: All of the females. Even the Clerics and Troubadours become one after promoting, and Olivia is the first Dancer in an internationally-released Fire Emblem game who can equip and use weapons! (Although she'll need to level up a little to get good at it.)
- Badass Crew: Most of them are part of Chrom's Shepherds, a collection of individuals dedicated to the protection of Ylisse.
- Badass Family: They can fight alongside their time-traveling children.
- Battle Couple: And each character has a surprisingly large amount of choices by series standards.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: They're all great at what they do, but every one of them has their own quirks and Running Gags.
- Happily Married: Almost all of the couples, although bonus points go to Stahl, as nearly all of his endings actually include some form of the phrase "happy marriage".
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: All of them when they reach an A rank support. Although there are some pairs that are this even before they start supporting, like Lissa and Maribelle, or Sumia and Cordelia.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: Most of the first-generation characters are in their early 20's at most, and due to time travel, they can meet their children who are in their late teens. If the Avatar marries any of the children, they take it further by being young grandparents; it should also be noted that Lissa, Cordelia, and Olivia can become this by the time of Fire Emblem Fates as their children can have children of their own in that game. They could potentially even be great-grandparents.
- Vague Age: How old most of them are is questionable. Characters like Ricken and Lissa are clearly under 18, though someone like Tharja is harder to pin down.