Enjuhneer has a diverse cast of nerds attending its school, so here's the list.
Penny WestStarting out the series as a freshman, Penny is attending Enjuhneer Institute of Technology in order to get and art degree.A nerd/geek in her own right, she dicovers that everyone else at EIT is just as nerdy as she, if not moreso. Shares a room with Lyta.
- Author Avatar: The fact Penny is one is mentioned here
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Penny is the one who talks to the reader the most
- Proud to Be a Geek: Just like everyone else
Lyta GerardPenny's roommate, as well as the resident (supposedly non-militant) feminist. Somewhat apprehensive about the fact she is a geek, and wants to maintain her feminine presence in a mostly-male engineering school. Full name: Hippolyta
- Hyperspace Mallet: Prefers to use a frying pan. Mostly against Meme-spammers.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Her computer appears to have been demonically possesed since early on, so this might be possible.
- Mama Bear
Wiredwolf42A girl who lives down the hall from Penny and Lyta, she long ago left the realm of all things girly and proceeded to master the ways of the internet. This included her immersing herself so completly into cyberspace that she prefers IM-ing to talking face to face, does not like human contact and has forgotten her own name, using her forum name in it's place.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Known only as Wiredwolf42 (her screen-name). Does not even seem to remember her "real" name.
- Her real name is revealed later when we get a look at her past.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Only wolfs-out when the Internet goes down, and reverts back after it is restored.
- After everyone "ages-up", she now has a tail and ears full-time.
- Hidden Depths
- Playful Hacker: Sort of.
Eirian MerledouxTaller than the other cast members, beautiful enough to have every boy on campus crazy for her, and naive enough not to notice, Eirian is the resident Environmental Engineer.
- Oblivious to Love: Despite the fact that every boy on campus (minus Julian and Renold) is practically (and sometimes literally) throwing themselves at her, she does not take notice of this.
Myra MadisonBooksmart and slow to get a joke, Myra is also known for stressing about almost everything, as well as being more emotionally expressive than the rest of the cast.
- Education Mama: Implied that she had one, possibly with both parents filling this role.
- Heroic BSoD: This trope gives her a mini story-arc.
- Smart People Wear Glasses
Kali AllawayAn invisible girl in many ways, Kali is introduced as an un-seeable roommate, who quickly gains a santa hat from Penny so that everyone can tell where she is. Despite her normal bouncy and cocky attitude, she also wants more than anything for people to notice her for who she really is, and not just the fact she is invisible.
- Crazy Awesome: Current owner of a Uranium-238 toaster, a Microwave gun, and an Orbital Cannon that she made for a mashmallow launching contest.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Wants to be seen for the person she is, not the fact that she is invisible
- Nice Hat: Her trademark santa hat, the only thing that is visible about her.
- Post "age-up" she gains a pair of gloves.
- Word of God: At one convention panel, the creator of the comic said that there is one drawing in existence of Kali fully visible. The chance we will see it is unlikely.
Renold SharmaResident snarker, n00b-pwner, and forum lurker, Renold also is an anime fan, an Aero/Space engineer, and notices a lot more about what is going on around him than you would expect from someone who always is staring at his computer. Or, for another way of describing him: pretty much a jerk.
- Hidden Depths: Sure he's a jerk, but there is some evidence to suggest that he does feel sorry for some of his actions.
- Jerkass: Him in a nutshell.
- Smarter Than You Look: For being such a jerk, he is remarkably perceptive of other's personalities.
Julian DrakeA Computer major who want to eventually learn how to fix anything computer related, Julian is also a LARP fan, white-hat hacker, and fan of German boardgames. Early in the comic he becomes Penny's boyfriend. Note that the rabbit on his shirt is a callback to his LARP costume.
- Coat, Hat, Mask: His famous LARP costume, the Nachthaschen (Night Bunny)
- Gone Horribly Right/Oh, Crap!: He did the coding version of NaNoWriMo: 50,000 lines of code during the month of November. He wanted a program that would write it's own novel. It didn't end well
- Nice Guy: Pretty laid back and easygoing
- Older Than They Look: Turns out he skipped a couple grades, and is a year older than Penny.