Christopher "Chris" Rodonanté Cwej and Roslyn "Roz" Forrester (Seventh Doctor)
Cops in the 30th century, the dying days of the first Earth empire.
In Big Finish Doctor Who, Chris is voiced by Simon Kingsley as the Cwejen and by Travis Oliver as the original Cwej, and Roz is voiced by Yasmin Bannerman.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Being played by Travis Oliver (and having his image used in the cover art) means that Chris goes from blonde to brunette.
- The Bus Came Back: Courtesy of Big Finish. After starring in a couple of novel adaptations, Chris and Roz returned in The Seventh Doctor: The New Adventures box set in 2018, the first original stories featuring the characters in many years.
- Blue Blood: Roz.
- Cloning Blues: Chris gets a grand helping of this in the Faction Paradox range of stories, which sees him time-shredded into a massive army of Cwejen. They show up in the Big Finish Bernice Summerfield range as well.
- Dumb Muscle: Downplayed with Chris, who is fairly intelligent but not to the extent of Roz and a lot of the more complicated science he runs into tends to confuse him. Lampshaded in "The Jabari Countdown" where he poses as the Doctor's manservant among a group of elite mathematicians, claiming his main skill is "picking up heavy things".
- Expy: Paul Cornell claimed that Gareth Roberts wrote them as Dayna Mellanby and Del Tarrant. Incidentally, Yasmin Bannerman portrays both Dayna and Roz at Big Finish.
- Fair Cop: Both Roz (elegant — if hilariously cranky — black lady) and Chris (blond Hunk) qualify.
- Fantastic Racism: Roz tends to hold some racist views towards many of the alien species that the TARDIS crew encounter over their adventures. This is often played for irony, as Roz herself is of African descent and comes from a future where humanity has moved past racism based on skin colour — but when the TARDIS lands in the past, she's often subject to racist views due to her skin colour.
- Half-Human Hybrid: In his first appearance, Chris has voluntarily transformed himself into a humanoid bear. He has it reversed soon afterwards.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Roz.
- It Is Pronounced Tropay: Chris notes that his name should be pronounced "Shvay", but he's been called Chris "Kwedge" so long he's accepted it rather than keep correcting people.
- Lady of War: Roz.
- Salt and Pepper: Roz is black, and is deeply cynical and usually the by-the-book type. Chris is white, and very enthusiastic and idealistic.
- Shirtless Scene / Mr. Fanservice: After he gets his teddy bear look removed (see above), it turns out Chris is actually an absolutely ripped blond hunk of muscle.