"La llama que llama" ("The llama that calls") was a series of Argentine advertisings by Telecom, a telephone company. It featured a group of llamas making a Prank Call. The idea is that with Telecom the call prices were so low that even the llamas took advantage of them.
See here for a video with all the advertisings in a row.
- Cannot Tell a Joke: One of the llamas systematically fail to make good jokes, and ruin the jokes done by the others, who must tell him "Silence, You Fool!"
- The "Fun" in "Funeral": The elder llama had a heart attack. All the other llamas start to celebrate: "Inheritance for all, inheritance for all!". Then the elder llama wakes up and joins the celebration, he also wants his part of the inheritance!
- Gilligan Cut: The llamas call to Hollywood, to protest about Babe: Pig in the City. Hollywood proposed instead to hire them for a new film, paying a million to each llama. The llama leader ask, what if it's just me, do I get all those millions together? He says that he has rejected the proposal. And next, he's at the Academy Awards, giving thanks for the prize and for the support of his family.
- Hunter of His Own Kind: One of the llamas was protesting that they have sheared his wool to make ponchos, and now he's suffering the cold. Then, another of the llamas comes from outside: look at the new poncho I have bought!
- Popcultural Osmosis Failure: The llamas call to the zoo and ask for the liberation of the llamas. Then, they started chanting "Free Willy!". One of the llamas reminded them that Willy is already free. The chantings then changed to "jail Willy"
- Pounds Are Animal Prisons: The llamas do not like that there are other llamas in the Buenos Aires zoo. Free them!
- Prank Call: The main idea of the advertisings, there was a prank call Once per Episode.
- Replacement Scrappy: Invoked and parodied. A man from Telecom mentions that "La llama que llama" is a great success, so they aimed for diversity and created a new advertising, set in the patagonia. Cue to the "Otra llama" advertising, a polite llama living in a hut in the patagonia, and who makes a call to donate some money to protect the whales. Then, the other llamas take down the door and drive this polite llama away: this is their show!