Nightmare Fuel: The entire Black Dahlia case. The entire thing is just a very unsettling matter to deal with, almost going into a horror movie type deal.
- When you hear the explanation on why the corpses of the victims of an arson case look like they're praying, I betcha you'll feel something in your stomach.
- From Bad to Worse: While discussing the evidence, or lack thereof, one of the corpses crumbles. It's too much for even Biggs to handle.
- If you want to make it worse, after checking the corpse, listen to this piece of soundtrack YMMV though.
Ira Hogeboom: You said the house would be empty!
- During the "Manifest Destiny" case in Vice, you inspect the Hollywood Post Office after finishing a shootout there...and find a wounded shooter who dies shortly after. The look in his eyes just as he dies...
- Not as bad as the other examples, but Jack's scream as he's run over by the bulldozer if you don't move fast enough is pretty shudder-worthy.
- The penultimate war flaskback. In the one before it, Cole sends a man, flamethrower wielding Ira Hogeboom, to clear out a cave complex suspected to be filled with Japanese. While he does it successfully, it turns out that the cave complex was being used as a makeshift hospital, with several civilians in it. The game thankfully doesn't show too many of them burning, but it certainly shows enough to get the point across. The guilt and horror of this is what ended up causing Ira to go insane, and even then he seemed to already be losing his grip on sanity, as he needs to be held down by other guys while screaming and wailing.
- "He's not so bad. He just lays on top of me and grunts for a few minutes. He's kind and he buys me nice things." As said by a twelve-year-old girl, speaking of a fifty-two-year-old man.