Moral Event Horizon:
- For Quain, we have this, which has caused several readers to declare that not even death is a good enough punishment for her now. Even before that, the revelation that she stole Ariel from Mel, and the heavy implication that she had Mel raped to try and concieve put her here.
- Fans are also now saying that, related to the above, Snadhya'rune may have landed herself here if she knew the above was going to happen but sent Mel back to the Sarghress anyway. Assuming you didn't already think she crossed it because of her responsibility for the Nidraa'chal War.
- Yet another moment for Snadhya'rune comes after what happened to Shinae's baby since Word of God confirms that it's the result of Snadhya's faulty seeds. She may not have done the deed directly, but a child was still horribly mutated and died before it could even be born and worse, it's very heavily implied that it's not the first or last time it's happened. And worse, the main victims are Snadhya's own family, and her plans boil down to wiping them all out.
- In Chapter 44, if you didn't already think Snadhya'rune was over it her smug expression as Mel'arnach runs into her arms and instantly forgives her did this for a lot of people who were on the fence with the "is their relationship genuine?" question. As one forum goer commented, the correct reaction to hearing that your girlfriend has been imprisoned for 15 years, had her arms broken and her children taken from her is not that. Much worse is that Snadhya's expression suggests it all went according to plan, including the terrible things.
- In Chapter 46, the execution of the squad left no more doubt about Snadhya's status as a monster. Her clear enjoyment of the squad's suffering really cemented it.
- At the end of the above chapter, it made many readers agree that Snadhy'rune has outdone even Quain'tana, who at least showed some emotion when she killed Syphile, on being an Abusive Parent by telling her own daughter she only saw her as a tool and then killing her in cold blood without any regrets
- In Chapter 42, Kyuusei crosses this in one conversation:
Kyuusei: This will give us the excuse we need to deal with those of Dutan'vir blood. You know they cannot be trusted.
Oba'ja: Your pet [Cas'nihlus] is of Dutan'vir blood.
- Cemented a page later when we find out that he arranged to have Petri'cho tainted to completely discredit her in the event that she saw something that could implicate him and his co-conspirators essentially A Fate Worse Than Death. While the former was an Asshole Victim Petri'cho was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- For Balsii, after being told that the Balvhakara and Jie'yen will not accept her as the Queen, stabbing Nega'fanae in the throat and ordering her guards to kill Sandaur. What's more this is viewed as a Moral Horizon even by other characters in-universe.