Webcomic: International Comic Continuity
Describe International Comic Continuity Here.
"The ICC is comic hipsters."
— Just about everyone, at one point or another
Yeah! We're really excited to be doing the TV Tropes
page for the International ComicContinuity.
Ah... I'm a bit busy today. Can we start tomorrow? Or next week? Screw it, we're too lazy for this.
The International ComicContinuity is an ensemble
of fifteen teenagers
that have wasted the majority of their lives
making some of the best
multiple Story Arcs detailing the lives
of their renamed author avatars
and other created characters represented
by colored squares
which in turn represent characters in another universe
inspired by a dead toyline about storyline-centric plastic buildible action figures
placed in outlined boxes and hosted on the largest internet-based forum
dedicated to said dead toyline of children's construction toys
...let's try that again
The International ComicContinuity is a large group of fifteen BIONICLE
webcomic authors that banded together to create a shared universe
. They mainly consist of Sprite Comics
stemming from the BIONICLE mythos detailing the lives of their Author Avatars
. While the continuity itself only officially formed on January 3rd, 2010, the series themselves go farther back, two of them as far as 2006.
It is notably different from other continuities on BZPower
because it combined a large amount of pre-existing comic series (ten, originally) and made them co-exist together in one universe while still preserving all of their timeline. Since then, it has grown into a fifteen-member group with nineteen comic series and two multi-author ones.
The current members of the ICC include
- Kahinuva: Founding member, and one of the two who got the continuity rolling to begin with. His flagship series is Live, Learn and Lawsuits, a rather standard comedy piece, but he also heads the Taone Nui Offline Game project.
- Philbert: Founding member, and one of the two who got the continuity rolling to begin with. His initial primary work was The Comics That May Or May Not Be Made By/Involve Philbert, a quirky comedy series, but has throughout the life of the ICC dabbled in numerous other comic projects.
- Gerlicky: Founding member. Much valued among the continuity, regardless of what he thinks. His ICC work is the That's Messed Up! trilogy, consisting of the photocomic original That's Messed Up: The Series, the spritebased sequel That's Messed Up: Creator's Wrath, and the as yet unrelased That's Messed Up: The Legendary Gerlicky; he also contributes the parodical SpoofQuest!.
- Tavakai: Founding member. He initially contributed VakamaTK's Comics, but this eventually came under his new project, TavKorp. It was then succeeded by A Room With A Mahi.
- Bladeran: Founding member. It's a bit of a continuity injoke that, even over a year later, he still hasn't got his planned series for the ICC off the ground. He contributes his older work, BladeTitan974's Comics.
- Gavla: Founding member. Arguably the most popular comic maker on BZPower, having recently smashed the record of the longest topic within the comic community, or possibly even BZPower in general (10,000+ posts). His flagship work is Gavla's Comics, an enormous series spanning numerous story arcs of differing tone and theme; notably, his works are the only ones not explicitly set within the ICC universe while still being ICC canon.
- Dlakii: Founding member, and a former moderator of BZPower. Was banned from BZPower under highly questionable circumstances in March 2010, shortly after the ICC's founding, but continues to make a strong contribution to the ICC when he's not choked down by his university work; some of the ICC love making sport of subtly lampshading this fact in their work. His sole series for the ICC was The Newsroom, an office farce set in the headquarters of the beleaguered television station Channel Billion.
- Coleanuva: Youngest active member who just got his series "Coleanuva's Ski Resort" off the ground, taking place in, well, a ski resort.
- Zakitano: His primary contribution to the ICC is BIONICLES ADVENTURS COMIXS. Oh, and a little series of no significance called The Pirogi Vampire.
- Tamroc7: Has been planning City in the Sky, a more serious adventure series, but that has yet to come to fruition.
- Janaro: His current series is Janaro's Café, set in a reality-warping restaurant.
- Nuparurocks: His sole series for the ICC is Nuparurocks' Comics, a series acclaimed among the community for its unique brand of humour and visual mastery; he also runs a daily strip within it.
- Tapika: Formerly associated with the North-Western Isles Continuity. His series is I Made This, a reboot of a series he once did for the NWI; he also ran a few other series such as Private Eye Tapika.
- Fried Ingenuity / Jin / Nerdgirl-hime: The only female member of the ICC. Her contribution is This Brick Wall, which generally eschews sprites in favour of hand-done pixel drawings and the occasional photo edit.
- Superkid11: The most recent member, and easily the one with the longest history in the area of BIONICLE sprite comics. His recent relaunch of his work, SK Inn, is his sole contribution to the ICC; none of his prior works have been incorporated.
The current series/projects of the ICC include:
Tropes used include: