"No game is safe."IGSRJ is the most irate video game reviewer out there, who will take you back to the past to play all the games that suck and tell you about them. He had his start with A Nightmare on Elm Street for the NES back in 2006, and made reviews all the way up to 2010. He has always been throwing the smack down on games, but has also done breakfast rants and 'You Know What's Bullf*ck?' videos, and he had even branched out to doing food reviews. He has been the subject of imitation from other people, including the AVGN and Irate Gamer who constantly copy from him without remorse.As of late, IGSRJ is still active on his facebook and twitter, and even youtube on occasion, but he has not really made a game review since 2010. Though he had breathed a new breath on his youtube page with a new 'You Know What's Bullf*ck" video. Perhaps he'll stay for good?You can watch all his videos on his Youtube channel, and you can also visit his facebook page, twitter, and his official website. He also has an alternate youtube channel, IDGSRJ.
— IGSRJ's slogan from his website
- A Nightmare on Elm Street for NES.
- Krusty's Super Fun House for Sega Genesis.
- Chester Cheetah Too Cool To Fool for Sega Genesis.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES.
- Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis and arcade.
- Barbie Super Model for SNES.
- The Duke Nukem Trilogy on PC.
- Duke Nukem Mobile
- Official Nintendo Sticker Album Book.
- Atari 2600 Porn.
- Wizard of Wor and Krull.
- Monster Party for NES.
- Batman (Sunsoft) for NES.
- Nintendo Wii.
- Mario Kart Wii.
- Michael Jackson's Moonwalker for Sega Genesis.
- Mega Man 9 on Wii.
- Rescue the Embassy Mission for NES.
- Spider Man and The X-Men In Arcade's Revenge for Sega Genesis.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day on NES.
- Nintendo Wii Internet Channel.
- Beetlejuice on NES.
For those who have yet to guess, yes, he is a parody of angry video game reviewers.
IGSRJ provides examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative: He rarely ever makes positive reviews.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Zigzagged at first after mention of his invisible girlfriend, then revealed that he actually does have a date on his Barbie video... then gets dumped over a text message, going back to this trope.
- IGSRJ seems to believe that Michael Jackson is doing this on the box art of his video game.
- Affectionate Parody: Of The Angry Video Game Nerd, to the point of actually dressing up like him sometimes. Also did the You Know Whats Bullf*ck videos.
- Not so affectionate towards The Irate Gamer.
- Bonus Material: Ended his 'Time to Move On' video with footage of him counting the same ad in a Sunday paper an ex amount of times. The results are surprising.
- Bring My Brown Pants: IGSRJ turned up his volume for Michael Jackson's Moonwalker since it sounded quiet, right before it makes that noise just loud enough to scare him into invoking this."This is probably the first time anyone has reviewed a game with a load in their pants."
- Catch-Phrase: A handful of em."WHOA!""Oh!"
- Christmas Episode: IGSRJ, along with The Irate Noob, reviews Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge for the Sega Genesis.
- Continuity Nod: In the Duke Nukem Mobile review, The Irate Noob mentioned that he had finished playing Duke Nukem 3D before going Emo.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In his 'Time to Move On' video, he mentioned how a guy vomited on his prized shirt (the red/white stripped one), so he destroyed the guy and dumped him in the sewers.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?
- Emo: IGSRJ goes total emo after reviewing Duke Nukem 3D for one episode on, appropriately enough, Duke Nukem Mobile.
- He also has brief moments in other videos.
- Every Episode Ending: "Be sure to check out my next video, or I will take you back to the past to play another shitty game that sucks ass. Thanks for watching! And please support this show by rating this video."
"I hope you enjoyed the review. If you didn't, I don't really give a shit, I only made it so youtube doesn't cancel my show."
- Does make exceptions on some videos.
- More notably, this line from the Duke Nukem Mobile review:
- Flipping the Bird: Never hesitates to show this off. Does it twice to Super Mario Bros. 3"I got something for you." *flips off once* "And here's one for the road." *flips off with the other hand.*
- Fun with Acronyms: IGSRJ stands for I Give Sloppy Rim Jobs, according to The Arch Fiend.
- In response to that, IGSRJ made an alternate channel called IDGSRJ, which stands for I Don't Give Sloppy Rim Jobs.
- Halloween Episode: Has done two.
"The Halloween special is here!"
- In 2008, he would have reviewed Bram Stoker's Dracula for the Super Nintendo had the AVGN not already covered it. So he reviews Rescue: The Embassy Mission for the NES instead. He did at least dress up as Dracula.
- Happens to be his last game review (for the time being), where he reviews Beetlejuice for the NES... in December 19th!
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: He'll make some remarks. Sometimes, he'll deny it, and sometimes, he doesn't."My friend is curious as to how it feels shoved up his ass. If you know, e-mail me- I mean my friend. E-mail my friend!""I'm off to suck some dic- I mean blood! Suck some blood."
- "Heroic" BSOD: IGSRJ goes to use a Game Genie at the end of Krusty's Super Fun House, only to find out it's broken."What? It's broken? NO! DEAR LORD, NO! My life is now ruined."
- Hypocritical Humor
- On the Official Nintendo Sticker Album book review, IGSRJ looked over the line that said 'My most valuable stickers are' and remarked "I guess this is for the fucking retards who would forget what their most favorite sticker is." Cue a flashback...
- Another one in the Duke Nukem 3D review. IGSRJ's friend called about a geisha statue flashing her chest. He calls his friend a pervert before hanging up. Then watches a stripper in the same game, while preparing the lotion.
- A bit of a stretch with this one: In his Monster Party review, he chews out the bosses for making passes on a kid, even referencing Chris Hanson in the process. In the Beetlejuice review, he criticizes the tile character for wanting to make a pass to a 15 year old, and said that the last time he did it, he got six-months probation and a free hat for being on the show.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Zigzagged. IGSRJ wanted to self terminate (presumably in the game), but cannot do that because T-100s are incapable of doing so.
- In-Series Nickname: His real name is Chris or Christopher (if his early videos are to be believed), and some characters refer to him by his first name. At one point, he called himself the anonymous gamer, but in later videos, he'd pronounce ''IGSRJ'' as it's spelled.
- Jerkass: Believe it or not, the director (as seen in the "New Video Game Review Trailer") seems to be a lot meaner than IGSRJ is. He even threatened to kill him if he screwed up the fourth take. This might say something about IGSRJ himself.
- Left It In: If he says he'll edit it in post... well that should speak for itself.
- Never Gets Drunk: IGSRJ (during his emo phase) consumed a whole bottle of whiskey, drives 60 mph in a residential neighborhood, while playing games on his cell phone. He manages to get through WITHOUT INCIDENT!
*One minute later* "Shittt, I'mm allll outta beeeeerrrr... I meann teaaa..."
- Averted in the Christmas Episode, when The Irate Noob discovers that IGSRJ's beer is actually apple juice.
- Inverted when he reviews Kombucha Tea.
- Nostalgia Filter: Averted, subverted, double subverted, zigzagged, oh man you name it."Why is Duke going around collecting floppy discs? These should be DVD-R""If they removed some of the levels, they could have used the extra space to make something like this" *shows screencap of a Duke Nukem Forever trailer* "Mother Fuckers.
IGSRJ: There is no-UT announcer: HEADSHOT!!!IGSRJ: -like in Unreal Tournament.
- And in rare instances, inverted:
- One-Shot Character: The director in New Game Review Trailer was directing a review to Under a Killing Moon, and quickly got fed up with IGSRJ's screw-ups to the point of pulling out a gun on him.
- Product Placement: Shamelessly done in a few videos. Such as promoting his T-Shirt and DVD at the end of the Mortal Kombat video, as well as phoning in said merchandise in his Hunting for the Wii Part 1 video.
- He promoted Volume 2 of his DVDs at the end of his Christmas Episode. Complete with no cover-art and sold in niche quantities.
- IGSRJ seems to like White Castle very much. In almost every video, you are guaranteed to at least hear/see one thing about it.
- When showing how to properly diagnose a Linksys router, he takes off his jacket, while really bringing your attention to his IGSRJ-branded T-shirt.
- Reality Ensues: He always uses light guns of some kinds for comedic effect. Then he had a real pistol, which he used to shoot the Riddler. Dead.
- Satire: Did some breakfast rants.
- Self-Deprecation: "I haven't used [my first PC] for ten years, which was also the last time I used a treadmill."
- Serious Business: He'll criticize even the smallest of details. No matter how trivial."-and I'm serious. Dead. Fucking. Serious."
- In his Nintendo Wii Internet Channel Review, he used a clip taken from The Arch Fiend's video where he shreds a five dollar bill.
- Also mentions Armake21 in his Mega Man 9 playthrough.
- In the same playthrough, he notices an enemy that looks like American money and attempts to collect it, only to utter the lines 'I trusted you, money!'
- In his Christmas Episode: "That better not be Spider-Man."
- After finding out that Mortal Kombat had special moves the whole time (he initially assumed that it didn't have any), he was thankful to have found out about them, or Big Al2k 6 would have made another video to pwn his fucking ass.
- Special Guest / The Cameo: Quite a few appeared
IGSRJ: Very nice. I couldn't have done that better.
- In his Super Mario Bros. 3 video, after IGSRJ discovered that Mario performs a somersault when invincible, he invited Freddy Krueger on the set (off camera) to flip it off.
IGSRJ: Johnny Cage. In your opinion, what is the most god awful fighting game ever made?Johnny Cage: (from the movie) Mortal Kombat.
- A handful of people appeared in the Mortal Kombat review to confirm that it's a bad game. Sides one guy, who claimed that Shaq Fu is bad.
- Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat makes an appearance to confirm that the game is the worse game ever.
IGSRJ: Duke, what do you think of this game?Duke: "This game", your ass, what's the difference?
- In Duke Nukem 3D, Duke himself appears briefly to basically say the game sucks.
- Batman appeared to help IGSRJ solve a riddle after receiving Batman for the NES from the Riddler.
- IGSRJ made an appearance in The Irate Noob's review on BurgerTime for the NES, just to tell him that he's boring his audience and needs to throw in special effects to keep it interesting.
- In The Irate Noob's Nintendo Wii review announcement video, IGSRJ comes on stage to shoot him in the head with an NES zapper . To follow up, The Irate Noob survives to reveal to the audience that he had beaten IGSRJ quite a few times on MarioKart Wii before he shoots him in the chest with the Genesis Justifier . Then, It Was All A Dream... or is it? Finally, The Irate Noob would gift IGSRJ Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge for the Sega Genesis, and review the game alongside with him only to be kicked out in the end.
- An Astronaut on the moon made an appearance in Michael Jackson's Moonwalker for the Genesis.
- John Connor appears in the Terminator 2 review to toss the cartridge in molten lava.
- The Arch Fiend appeared in the game review trailer. He appears to be the one responsible for writing scripts for IGSRJ, and why Mortal Kombat was given a negative review. He does get paid handsomely though.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: He is voiced entirely by a text-to-speech program. Anything else are either stocked sound effects, or voices ripped from the Arch Fiend.
- Take That!:
- His behavior seems to allude to another certain reviewer he's parodying.
- In his Beetlejuice review: "Speaking of horrifying, have you seen the latest AVGN video? Nevermind."
- "I'm going to end this with a line from a shitty reviewer: This game, I mean Beetle Juice is one of those shitty games!'
- Utters the line when throwing down on Mortal Kombat for the Genesis.
- Take That, Audience!: IGSRJ started off his Mega Man 9 playthrough by showing off the 'cartridge', as he held nothing. Then he called his audience dumb for not knowing that it's a downloadable title.
- The Faceless:
- Too Dumb to Live:
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight:
- When he accidentally revealed the Game Genie while putting in Beetlejuice, he stops himself for a moment to blur it out. He would also like for you to not pay attention to the noise his game (genie) is making.
- He has shown the game genie or game shark in some of his videos but almost never makes a comment about it. I guess they just happen to be there.
- Valentine's Day Episodes: His Barbie Super Model video.
- Villain: Exit, Stage Left!: The Riddler flees after IGSRJ and Batman solved the riddle. He did not count on IGSRJ grabbing a real pistol to go shoot the Riddler in the back. Understandably, Batman was not happy.
- Visual Pun: Done to hilarious effect in Monster Party."What does a kid do with his baseball bat? No, you don't go around hitting baseballs, and no, you don't go out hitting balls."
- "Be sure to check out these tropes, or I will take you back to the past to play another shitty game that sucks ass. Thanks for reading! And please support this page by contributing to this page!"