"No game is safe."
— IGSRJ's slogan from his website
is the most irate video game reviewer out there
, who will take you back to the past
to play all the games that suck and tell you about them. He had his start with A Nightmare on Elm Street
for the NES
back in 2006, and made reviews all the way up to 2010. He has always been throwing the smack down on games, but has also done breakfast rants and 'You Know What's Bullf*ck?' videos
, and he had even branched out to doing food reviews. He has been the subject of imitation from other people
, including the AVGN and Irate Gamer who constantly copy from him without remorse.
As of late, IGSRJ is still active on his facebook and twitter, and even youtube on occasion, but he has not really made a game review since 2010. Though he had breathed a new breath on his youtube page with a new 'You Know What's Bullf*ck" video. Perhaps he'll stay for good?
You can watch all his videos on his Youtube channel
, and you can also visit his facebook page
, and his official website.
He also has an alternate youtube channel, IDGSRJ.
For those who have yet to guess, yes, he is a parody of angry video game reviewers.
IGSRJ provides examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative: He rarely ever makes positive reviews.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Zigzagged at first after mention of his invisible girlfriend, then revealed that he actually does have a date on his Barbie video... then gets dumped over a text message, going back to this trope.
- IGSRJ seems to believe that Michael Jackson is doing this on the box art of his video game.
- Affectionate Parody: Of The Angry Video Game Nerd, to the point of actually dressing up like him sometimes. Also did the You Know Whats Bullf*ck videos.
- Bonus Material: Ended his 'Time to Move On' video with footage of him counting the same ad in a Sunday paper an ex amount of times. The results are surprising.
- Bring My Brown Pants: IGSRJ turned up his volume for Michael Jackson's Moonwalker since it sounded quiet, right before it makes that noise just loud enough to scare him into invoking this.
"This is probably the first time anyone has reviewed a game with a load in their pants."
- Catch Phrase: A handful of em.
- Christmas Episode: IGSRJ, along with The Irate Noob, reviews Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge for the Sega Genesis.
- Continuity Nod: In the Duke Nukem Mobile review, The Irate Noob mentioned that he had finished playing Duke Nukem 3D before going Emo.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In his 'Time to Move On' video, he mentioned how a guy vomited on his prized shirt (the red/white stripped one), so he destroyed the guy and dumped him in the sewers.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?
- Emo: IGSRJ goes total emo after reviewing Duke Nukem 3D for one episode on, appropriately enough, Duke Nukem Mobile.
- He also has brief moments in other videos.
- Every Episode Ending: "Be sure to check out my next video, or I will take you back to the past to play another shitty game that sucks ass. Thanks for watching! And please support this show by rating this video."
- Does make exceptions on some videos.
- More notably, this line from the Duke Nukem Mobile review:
- Flipping the Bird: Never hesitates to show this off. Does it twice to Super Mario Bros. 3
- Fun with Acronyms: IGSRJ stands for I Give Sloppy Rim Jobs, according to The Arch Fiend.
- In response to that, IGSRJ made an alternate channel called IDGSRJ, which stands for I Don't Give Sloppy Rim Jobs.
- Halloween Episode: Has done two.
- In 2008, he would have reviewed Bram Stoker's Dracula for the Super Nintendo had the AVGN not already covered it. So he reviews Rescue: The Embassy Mission for the NES instead. He did at least dress up as Dracula.
- Happens to be his last game review (for the time being), where he reviews Beetlejuice for the NES... in December 19th!
"The Halloween special is here!"
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: He'll make some remarks. Sometimes, he'll deny it, and sometimes, he doesn't.
- "Heroic" BSOD: IGSRJ goes to use a Game Genie at the end of Krusty's Super Fun House, only to find out it's broken.
- Has another after reviewing Duke Nukem 3D. It got so bad, he went Emo for the Duke Nukem Mobile review.
- The Atari2600 porn video ended with IGSRJ obtaining a reptile dysfunction (aka removing the joystick from the Atari controller).
- Hypocritical Humor
- On the Official Nintendo Sticker Album book review, IGSRJ looked over the line that said 'My most valuable stickers are' and remarked "I guess this is for the fucking retards who would forget what their most favorite sticker is." Cue a flashback...
- Another one in the Duke Nukem 3D review. IGSRJ's friend called about a geisha statue flashing her chest. He calls his friend a pervert before hanging up. Then watches a stripper in the same game, while preparing the lotion.
- A bit of a stretch with this one: In his Monster Party review, he chews out the bosses for making passes on a kid, even referencing Chris Hanson in the process. In the Beetlejuice review, he criticizes the tile character for wanting to make a pass to a 15 year old, and said that the last time he did it, he got six-months probation and a free hat for being on the show.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Zigzagged. IGSRJ wanted to self terminate (presumably in the game), but cannot do that because T-100s are incapable of doing so.
- In-Series Nickname: His real name is Chris or Christopher (if his early videos are to be believed), and some characters refer to him by his first name. At one point, he called himself the anonymous gamer, but in later videos, he'd pronounce ''IGSRJ'' as it's spelled.
- Jerkass: Believe it or not, the director (as seen in the "New Video Game Review Trailer") seems to be a lot meaner than IGSRJ is. He even threatened to kill him if he screwed up the fourth take. This might say something about IGSRJ himself.
- Left It In: If he says he'll edit it in post... well that should speak for itself.
- Never Gets Drunk: IGSRJ (during his emo phase) consumed a whole bottle of whiskey, drives 60 mph in a residential neighborhood, while playing games on his cell phone. He manages to get through WITHOUT INCIDENT!
*One minute later* "Shittt, I'mm allll outta beeeeerrrr... I meann teaaa..."
- Nostalgia Filter: Averted, subverted, double subverted, zigzagged, oh man you name it.
"Why is Duke
going around collecting floppy discs? These should be DVD-R"
- And in rare instances, inverted:
IGSRJ: There is no-
- One-Shot Character: The director in New Game Review Trailer was directing a review to Under a Killing Moon, and quickly got fed up with IGSRJ's screw-ups to the point of pulling out a gun on him.
- Product Placement: Shamelessly done in a few videos. Such as promoting his T-Shirt and DVD at the end of the Mortal Kombat video, as well as phoning in said merchandise in his Hunting for the Wii Part 1 video.
- He promoted Volume 2 of his DVDs at the end of his Christmas Episode. Complete with no cover-art and sold in niche quantities.
- IGSRJ seems to like White Castle very much. In almost every video, you are guaranteed to at least hear/see one thing about it.
- When showing how to properly diagnose a Linksys router, he takes off his jacket, while really bringing your attention to his IGSRJ-branded T-shirt.
- Reality Ensues: He always uses light guns of some kinds for comedic effect. Then he had a real pistol, which he used to shoot the Riddler. Dead.
- Satire: Did some breakfast rants.
- Did it again on his second Halloween Episode, which was released on December 19th, 2010!
- He was supposedly working on a review of Punch-Out!! for the Wii since 2010.
- Self-Deprecation: "I haven't used [my first PC] for ten years, which was also the last time I used a treadmill."
- Serious Business: He'll criticize even the smallest of details. No matter how trivial.
"-and I'm serious. Dead. Fucking.
- Special Guest / The Cameo: Quite a few appeared
- In his Super Mario Bros. 3 video, after IGSRJ discovered that Mario performs a somersault when invincible, he invited Freddy Krueger on the set (off camera) to flip it off.
IGSRJ: Very nice. I couldn't have done that better.
- A handful of people appeared in the Mortal Kombat review to confirm that it's a bad game. Sides one guy, who claimed that Shaq Fu is bad.
- Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat makes an appearance to confirm that the game is the worse game ever.
IGSRJ: Johnny Cage. In your opinion, what is the most god awful fighting game ever made?
Johnny Cage: (from the movie) Mortal Kombat.
- In Duke Nukem 3D, Duke himself appears briefly to basically say the game sucks.
IGSRJ: Duke, what do you think of this game?
- Synthetic Voice Actor: He is voiced entirely by a text-to-speech program. Anything else are either stocked sound effects, or voices ripped from the Arch Fiend.
- Take That:
- Take That, Audience!: IGSRJ started off his Mega Man 9 playthrough by showing off the 'cartridge', as he held nothing. Then he called his audience dumb for not knowing that it's a downloadable title.
- The Faceless:
- Too Dumb to Live:
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight:
- When he accidentally revealed the Game Genie while putting in Beetlejuice, he stops himself for a moment to blur it out. He would also like for you to not pay attention to the noise his game (genie) is making.
- He has shown the game genie or game shark in some of his videos but almost never makes a comment about it. I guess they just happen to be there.
- Valentine's Day Episodes: His Barbie Super Model video.
- Villain Exit Stage Left: The Riddler flees after IGSRJ and Batman solved the riddle. He did not count on IGSRJ grabbing a real pistol to go shoot the Riddler in the back. Understandably, Batman was not happy.
- Visual Pun: Done to hilarious effect in Monster Party.
"What does a kid do with his baseball bat? No, you don't go around hitting baseballs, and no, you don't go out hitting balls.
- What Could Have Been: Aside from what the first Halloween Episode was gonna include, IGSRJ has footage of how the intro and ending was originally gonna be.
"Be sure to check out these tropes, or I will take you back to the past to play another shitty game that sucks ass. Thanks for reading! And please support this page by contributing to this page!"