SHAMONE!Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
is a 1990 video game (loosely) based on the movie Moonwalker
, conceived and designed by Michael Jackson, featuring songs by Michael Jackson
, starring Michael Jackson, and developed by... uh, Sega
. The player character, Michael Jackson, alias Moonwalker, uses his trademark dance moves and magic powers to rescue the children who have been kidnapped by Diabolical Mastermind
Two versions of this Michael Jackson game were produced: an isometric action game for arcades, and a Shinobi
-like Platform Game
for Sega-made consoles. (There was also a computer game titled Michael Jackson: Moonwalker
, which has little in common with the other versions.)
- Banister Slide: Done as an attack animation in the Sega Genesis version.
- Bar Brawl: The first level of the Genesis version.
- Big Boo's Haunt: The fourth level of the console version, and the third level of the arcade version.
- Cast from Hit Points: A bunch of special moves that come with the cost of draining your life bar, including throwing your hat as a boomerang and causing all the bad guys on the screen to get their groove on, after which they all drop dead. They don't drain health in the Arcade Game, only the console versions.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer: The first player controls Michael Jackson in a white suit, the second controls Michael in a red suit, and the third player (available in the Arcade Game only) controls Michael in a black suit.
- Dance Battler: Michael Jackson takes out enemies using dance moves.
- Involuntary Dance: Michael's Dance Magic Smart Bomb special, which causes all enemies to dance along with him before disappearing.
- Isometric Projection: The arcade game.
- Killer Robot: A heroic example: if you catch a shooting star, Michael will turn into one of these.
- Underground Level: The caverns level from the Sega Genesis version.
- Unexpected Gameplay Change: In the Genesis version, the last level shifts to a first-person space shooter.
- Weaponized Headgear: One of Michael's special attacks is throwing his hat at enemies.