Web Animation: Ducktalez
Ducktalez is a flash and 3D animation series by Chris Ushko. A parody of DuckTales, the animations, which have crudely drawn versions of Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, and others, and a badly drawn Duckburg, started as an animation test. However, when more animations were made, the quality of the animation and 3D got better, but the crude drawings of the characters and setting stayed the same, even when rendered in 3D.Animations can be found here:http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/116112
Ducktalez contains examples of:
- A Boy and His X: Buzzkill and Louie in episode 4.
- Adventure Duo: Scrooge and Vegeta take on this dynamic in 7.
- Affectionate Parody: So much. Animations make fun of Resident Evil, Dragon Ball Z, The Matrix, The Dark Knight, the Terminator series, and more.
- The Ahnold: Bouncer Beagle. He's even made from a real life photo of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Art Evolution: While the Ducktales characters still look as crappy as they did in the first Ducktalez, Vegeta has seen an incredible improvement between Episodes 3 (fairly well animated for a Flash cartoon in that age) and Episode 7 (professional-quality CG animation).
- Art Shift: In episode 3, when Vegeta pulls a Captain Ginyu on Scrooge McDuck. Vegeta gets Scrooge's animation style and Scrooge gets Vegeta's animation style. Dewey and Louie immediately wonder why Scrooge looks crappy.
- Kind of in episodes 4 and onward. The animation switches from 2D to 3D while still keeping the Stylistic Suck art.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Vegeta in episode 3, which was a power-up given to him by Julia Roberts.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Louie stands up for Dewey and Huey, when Buzzkill is about to kill them, because they're Louie's brothers despite the crap they give Louie.
- Badass Grandpa: Unca Scrooge not only fought the head zombie, but also managed to defeat Vegeta.
- Bee Afraid: Vegeta's hallucinations in episode 7 include being attacked by bees. Summoned by Mr. Popo, no less.
- Big Bad: Julia Roberts in episode 3 and episode 7.
- Big Damn Heroes: When the head zombie cornered Scrooge, Louie and Dewey in episode 2, Huey showed up and killed the head zombie in one shot with a revolver.
- Big Red Button: In the cockpit of Robot Christopher Walken. Scrooge pressed it when the Cornmander got angry at him. It activated the secret move that finished off Vegeta.
- In episode 6, there is one in Darkwing Duck's base, adorned with a big yellow "NO!!!". It shows a secret room with the outfits of Darkwing's previous sidekicks and labels describing how they died
- Brick Joke: Vegeta is seen watching the final battle of Dragonball Evolution at the start of 7. Guess how he ultimately defeats Julia Roberts.
- But Now I Must Go: Vegeta leaves with Nappa, Raditz, Buzzkill, and Mufasa at the end of 7, as he regained his confidence.
- Call Back: In episode 3, things from episode 1 are referenced in episode 3.
- Vegeta not having control of Scrooge's flatulence problems.
- One of the nephews asking Scrooge to kick Vegeta in the crotch and Scrooge responds by saying there's a better solution.
- Scrooge cursing Vegeta with Swedish Fish by throwing it in Vegeta's face.
- Episode 7 is ripe with call backs, including Scrooge taking Vegeta to see a Garfield movie in Episode 4, and Vegeta drinking away that experience in Episode 5.
- Catch Phrase: "Let's go get some ice cream." and "Follow me, before it's too late!"
- Chainsaw Good: Buzzkill in 4, as his hands are buzzsaws.
- Chase Scene: In episode 2, with The Monkees' "Last Train to Clarksville" playing over it. A bunch of funny background events occur during said chase.
- Chekhov's Gun: The movie Vegeta was watching in Episode 7.
- Collector of the Strange: There's a sidekick statue collection revealed in 6. It also keeps track of their deaths, and it is owned by Darkwing.
- Composite Character: Vegeta in episode 3 is a combination of Raditz (showing up on the planet and kidnapping the main character's relatives), Vegeta (arrogant bastard) and Captain Ginyu (used the body swap technique out of desperation).
- Crack Fic: And how!
- Creator Provincialism: Duckberg is in Canada, as Vegeta!Scrooge destroyed Winnipeg by accident in 3 and Ogopogo showed up in 7.
- Creepy Child: Webby in episode 2.
- Cue the Sun: The Sun near the end of 7, indicating a new beginning for Scrooge and his nephews.
- Dance Party Ending: The ending of episode 3, which features nearly every single character dancing to "Macho Duck."
- Day in the Limelight: episodes 4, 5 and 6 focus on the nephews and puts Vegeta and Scrooge out of focus.
- Death by Adaptation: Webby, who is revealed to have died in episode 2.
- Honker and Gosalyn have died before the events of 6, as their costumes are seen in Darkwing's collection.
- Despair Event Horizon: Scrooge goes through this in Episode 3, to the point of handing his Lucky Dime over to Magica.
- Disguised in Drag: Louie and Dewey dress up as the Spice Girls in 6, as part of Darkwing's distraction.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Vegeta in episode 3
- From a Single Cell: Darkwing, as a parody of the T-1000, in episode 6
- Fusion Dance: Done by Dewey and Louie.
- Gasshole: Scrooge.
- Good Is Dumb: After his Heel-Face Turn, Vegeta loafs around Scrooge's mansion and acts like a nuisance. Near the end of 7, Scrooge snaps at him, which causes Vegeta to have a Heroic BSOD. After a revelation, Vegeta shows up and helps Vegeta beat the Beagle Boys.
- Grand Theft Me: Vegeta pulls this off in episode 3 with Scrooge's body but changes back when he finds it hard to control Scrooge's flatulence.
- Heroic BSOD: Both Scrooge and Vegeta, undergo this in episodes 3 and 7, respectively. Scrooge, because he failed his nephews, and Vegeta does this because he let Scrooge down.
- Hijacked by Ganon: The Beagle Boys were run by Julia Roberts in episode 7.
- Hostage for MacGuffin: Vegeta kidnaps Scrooge's nephews after their first fight in an attempt at getting the Lucky Dime.
- Human Shield: In episode 2, Scrooge uses Dewey and Louie as a barrier when the head zombie confronts them.
- I Am the Noun: Obviously used by Darkwing Duck in Ducktalez 6: The Duck Knight when he is about to attack Hewey."I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the poo in your toilet! The poo in your microwave! The poo in your present! I am Darkwing... *Gets smothered in ice cream* Duck!"
- I Call It "Vera": Dewey (and later, Phooie) uses a rocket launcher named "Captain Satan".
- Idiot Hero: Both Unca Scrooge and Louie fit the bill.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Vegeta in episode 5, as a result of watching Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties with Scrooge in episode 4.
- Insane Troll Logic: Used in episode 6 to figure out Quackerjack's plan, as a reference to the 60's Batman series.
- Intoxication Ensues: Vegeta starts tripping balls in episode 7, thanks to the medicine in Gizmoduck's special brownies interacting with the booze he had been downing all night.
- Jump Scare: Webby in Ducktalez 2.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Set the Time Travel plot in episode 5 in motion.
- Limited Animation: The extent of the Ducktales characters' animation? The addition of angry eyebrows.
- The Lucky Dime in episode 3, as part of a set of magical stones that grant the owner immortality and great power if they are collected. However, during his Heroic BSOD, Scrooge gives it to Magica, who then uses it to buy bubblegum.
- The briefcase in episode 7, which contains a disc that can unlock Scrooge's money bin.
- Man Child: The Doctor (10th incarnation) in episode 5. When Dewey asks for his advice for the time travel situation, he messes around with his Sonic Screwdriver instead. During the stinger, he pretends his TARDIS is an automobile.
- Mind Screw: Pretty much the entire time travel concept in Ducktalez 5.
- Mushroom Samba: Vegeta undergoes this in 7 after eating some special brownies and drinking some booze beforehand.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: At the end of Ducktalez 3, Vegeta is defeated by being thrown into the sun, which explodes the sun and covers the world in eternal darkness. Nobody seems to mind though. Every Ducktalez since then takes place at night.
- Noodle Incident: We never do find out how Webby died, except that it somehow involved Dewey and Louie using the fusion technique.
- Off with His Head!: In 4, Buzzkill was decapitated by a roller coaster cart launched by Huey.
- Once per Episode: Launchpad getting kicked into the air by someone.
- P.O.V. Sequel: Episode 7 shows that all of Scrooge and Vegeta's appearances in episodes 4, 5 and 6 were sequential and they were off on their own adventure.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Vegeta receives one from Scrooge after ruining the attempt at finding Scrooge's money bin.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The head zombie in episode 2.
- Robosexual: The AI in Scrooge's Money Bin is clearly hitting on him in 7. She also stops Julia Roberts by self-destructing.
- Robot Maid: Robojeeves the robot butler in 6. He even has the stereotype of having Jeeves in his name.
- Sadistic Choice: Done by Quackerjack in episode 6 with a pair of gondolas as a reference to The Dark Knight. However, the criminals blow up the gondola with the civilians 3 seconds in.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: When Julia gets beaten by Scrooge McDuck and Vegeta, Julia activates it, causing the two to run away. Julia then deactivates it, but the money bin's AI reactivates it, hoping to take Julia with her.
- Senseless Sacrifice: After Huey dies, Dewey laments "If only he hadn't blown himself up when I had a perfectly good rocket launcher right here."
- Shown Their Work: Phooie (the nephew that Scrooge had given to the Beagle Boys) is the fan name given to a fourth nephew that was sometimes mistakenly added into drawings of the Donald Duck comics.
- Side Bet: Vegeta wagers Scrooge's hat for the mysterious briefcase when they bowl. They lose, but Vegeta was crafty and stole the hat and the briefcase, resulting in them getting chased by the Beagle Boys.
- Spirit Advisor: a heroic BSODing Vegeta tries to get advice from Mufasa in episode 7, but he just calls Vegeta a tool.
- Stock Ness Monster: Ogopogo shows up in Vegeta's Mushroom Samba and Vegeta joyfully rides on him.
- Stylistic Suck: As the series progressed and animation quality improved, the Ducktales cast retained their original crappy designs in contrast to other characters like Vegeta, whose frame-by-frame animation was revolutionary for Flash animations at the time he was introduced in the series and who was animated in professional CG by episode 7.
- They Killed Kenny Again: After Ducktalez 3, both Huey and Vegeta show up okay, in spite of them both having exploded.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: According to Huey in episode 5, the time-travelling Deweys all come from alternate timelines that are created when one of them tries to change history. They try to fix things, but that fails. Also, Dewey tries to ask for the Doctor's help, but that fails.
- Token Human Alien: Vegeta after episode 3.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ice cream.
- Vertical Mecha Fins: Robot Christopher Walken in episode 3.
- We Can Rebuild Him: Julia Roberts in episode 7.