WMG: Whose Line Is It Anyway?
...going by today's trends at this time of writing:
- Props and Dating Service Video would be overrun with Lady Gaga jokes
- They waited till #8 for that, and even then the wig used by Keegan Michael Key looked more like Nicki Minaj.
- Greatest Hits: Colin and Ryan would mess with Wayne by suggesting Hannah Montana, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha
- Song Styles: Jonas Brothers & High School Musical, T-Pain are legitimate styles now
- Memetic songs would eventually be mentioned in the show one way or another. Songs like: "Never Gonna Give You Up", "Friday", The "Trololol" song, "Gangnam Style", etc.
- Film, TV, Theater Styles: 'New age' monster movies, comic book movies, fantasy epic get suggested, maybe anime gets subdivided into monster anime or adult anime
- Newsflash gets phased out as practically every clip they can find is already overexposed on the internet
- Memetic Mutation is made known:
"Wayne, you will be performing for Derpina in the style of Gangnam Style.
- ...and Ascended Memes as 'The Cat' is suggested for Weird Superheroes or Foreign Film Dub
- Multiple Personalities: whoever is holding the jar is Jack Sparrow, whoever is holding the Cool Shades is Neo, whoever is holding the red cape is Leonidas...
- Wayne could probably pull off Leonidas, but Colin might wind up sounding a bit too Scottish.
- You say that like it'd be a bad thing :)
- TV Tropes Awareness seeps into some games, like say Whose Line:
Ryan: "...and then I will look him square in the eye and say (takes out paper, reads) Mundane Made Awesome
- Any act involving mock nudity or streaking now includes a Goatse reference
- Retraux trend leads to more games from the UK run being revived
- This troper just started following The Green Screen Show, and sure enough they've imported Tag from Whose Line UK.
- More of the British players would make special appearances. (Tony would only be allowed on once, because, afterwards, the censors would beg for forgiveness.)
- More female players recruited, Wayne appears less since Don't Forget The Lyrics is also on (Greg or Brad usually get his place)
- Chip and Jeff get promoted to 'first chair' rank, allowing Greg, Brad and Wayne with more time off - consequently, any stretch of eps made in Wayne's absence is referred to as the wind-down or off-season
- More special guests from higher paycheck levels - Cameron Diaz, Robert Downey Jr...
- Wayne and Jack Black would kick ass in the singing games.
- Linda Taylor now rotates with a male guitarist on occasion
- Guest musicians from bands like Timbaland or something? Why the hell not...
- Neon light on desk is replaced with rows of LEDs housed in plexiglass tubes
- No, the neon has to stay. Ryan slamming his head into a bunch of LEDs wouldn't be nearly as funny.
- Wayne's stock impressions now include Obama (presumably as a permanent replacement for Michael Jackson and George W. Bush jokes) and Tiger Woods.
- Either Ryan or Colin become the first to attempt a Heath Ledger Joker impression.
- And yet, I can still see the show as hilarious.
- There will be a lot more video game references. Like the entire cast of Team Fortress 2, Link, or GLaDOS for party quirks.
- African Chant gets ReTooled into Na'vi Ceremony
- More than a few singing games end with rhyming 'whore' or 'bore' with Jersey Shore
- Apparently it's outdated by now, they've gone with the Kardashians as Acceptable Targets instead.
- Speaking of music, Song Titles would finally lampshade all the unavoidable Ho Yay when someone says "Bad Romance".
- More comic book references, including a new Running Gag about how Colin and Wolverine are now the two most famous Canadians.
- If Drew is still hosting The Price Is Right in this hypothetical universe: There would be a lot of jokes about the show at his expense. It would probably replace The Drew Carey Show and Gepetto jokes.
- Film Dub goes even more international with footage from more Asian films eg. Bollywood
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Since the show is planned on getting rebooted for 2013, it will be interesting seeing which of these examples above will be true.
If Obama appeared on Whose Line...
- His appearance gets foreshadowed with say, Obama clips in Newsflash or "Songs of the President" for Greatest Hits
- They'd start off with a Song Styles/Duets for him to start with
- They'd simply have to have him behind the lectern in Press Conference
- Obama might volunteer for Questions Only, Film Dub, Scene to Rap
- Captain Hope or Captain Change for Superheroes
- Welcome to Whose Line is it Anyway, the show where everything's made up and the points don't matter; that's right, the points are like politics.
Scenes From A Hat. What HASN'T been done yet for this fantastic game?
Well, how about:
- "Strange things to be arrested for."
- "People who shouldn't drive public transportation."
: "What do you mean, 'nobody uses the Braille on the drive-through ATM keypads'?! I
- "Bad ways to end the 'Roses Are Red' poem."
- "Things you don't expect soldiers to carry around."
- "Strange places to hide CCTV cameras."
: These shoes fit wonderfully! Let me take them for a test walk. (CRUNCH)
: What is this and what is it doing in my block of Swiss?!
- "Unusual White House security measures."note
- "What happened to the man who cancelled Whose Line the first time."
- "The funniest phrases ever uttered by Stephen Hawking."
: From the preceding derivation it is trivial to prove that the singularity is created at the intersection of two p-branes.note
- "Suggestions for Scenes From A Hat that didn't quite make it."
: *reaches into hat, pulls out paper, reads* "Suggestions for Scenes From A Hat that didn't quite make it."
: *reaches into hat, pulls out paper, reads* "People Drew Carey will never
do in bed." *gets buzzed off big time*
- "Things you can say about your TV, but not your girlfriend."
God, I hate these older models, they're so hard to turn on properly!
- "What life would have been like if your parents were drill sergeants."
- “Things you can say about a bag of gumballs but not your boyfriend.” note
: "Give me a gobstopper, would you, honey?"
: "Wonder how many licks it takes to get to the middle of this?"
: "Ugh, I hate the small ones."
- “Songs that don’t deserve dance remixes.”
- “Unusual places to wake up from a hangover.”
- "Misfortune Cookies."
: Smile! Your hometown is just one undetected meteor strike away from obliteration.
- Anything that starts with "Things you can say about your girlfriend"
- This one was indeed done. With a vengeance.
- "If we could hear the thoughts of chickens."
: (gossipy housewife voice) So I was telling Gracie, yknow, when she was HNNNNGH!
we saw Lula from Coop 5A walking around RRRRRRGH!
and would you believe it, she was with the Latino rooster from OOOH! OOOH! GRADE A!! GRADE A!!
- "What the Angry Birds are thinking while they're hurled from the catapult."
- Aisha: "What Drew Carey will be thinking when he watches this."
Wayne: "Aisha doesn't do a damn thing."
- "What the Whose Line Cast was doing when the show went off the air."
- "Scenes from Whose Line is it Anyway The Movie!"
Wayne: "So you said your name was 'Horward' with an R?"
- "Things you shouldn't ask Siri."
- "What the Pope does on his day off."
- "Bad names for sports teams."
- "Songs played on Hell's radio."
- "Bad choices for wedding gifts."
- "The worst thing that could happen when unhooking a bra."
- "Campfire songs you won't hear."
- "Bad songs to sing in a maternity ward."
- "The title of Wayne Brady's autobiography."
- "Times when a coin flip is not a good selection method."
- "Scenes from the Richard Simmons Shakespeare festival."
- "The wrong thing to say when she says 'I'm Pregnant!'"
- "Rejected names for 'Scenes From a Hat'."
- "Rejected names for deodorants."
- "Things you can say about an airplane, but not your girlfriend."
- "Strange questions to use for the Family Feud surveys."
Future suggestions for Party Quirks...
The points DID matter.
And whoever had the most accumulated when the show ended secretly got $100,000 in cash from Drew Carey.
- Wasn't there an episode where Drew skipped on the points and just threw $100 bills at the guys?
There will be a reunion show on CBS instead of ABC.
Even though the show aired on ABC and occasionally has reruns on ABC Family, a lot of the American cast has wound up working on CBS at some point or another since then:
- Drew Carey currently hosts The Price Is Right, also did the show Power of 10, and has also made a guest appearance on...
- ...Wayne Brady's incarnation of Let's Make a Deal which had a strong first season and will be brought back for another, so he won't be leaving that show very soon.
- There's also Ryan Stiles' appearances on Two and a Half Men.
- Brad Sherwood and Jeff Davis have auditioned to take over Rich Fields' spot as the announcer for Drew's Price as well.
- Wayne Brady has a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother as Barney's gay black brother.
Since ABC still has the rights to air the show, it might be done as a stealth reunion but most fans will pick up on all of the Whose Line
stars together on camera. Perhaps the winner will be the one who comes closest to the actual retail price without going over. They'll get to play a pricing game with Drew...while the losers play their favorite game in the whole wide world...Hoedown!
"Welcome to Whose Line Is It Anyway, the show where everything's made up and the points don't matter. That's right, the points are like..."
Wayne will be the new target of bald jokes.
- Finally, Colin will be able to make some bald jokes of his own.
- Wayne intentionally became bald to ensure that Colin wouldn't be the only one getting mocked for being bald, doubling as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming
Doug Walker will be a guest
If Drew gets on as the "fourth seat",
For some game, he may make a crack on Aisha being in his spot.
New possible games include:
- "Rejected Soundtrack" - the love child of "Greatest Hits" and "Scenes cut from the Movies", this one just tests Colin and Ryan's movie knowlege as they make up song titles about a movie suggested by the audience.
There will be a Song Styles about Laura Hall.
All the booze in the box from one game of "Secret" was all left over from "Helping Hands".
Aisha will, at some point, let the audience use "Lana" as a suggestion for Doo Wop.
And it will be the best playing of that game EVER.
Kathy Greenwood was pretending to play dumb on the guessing games.
In the guessing games, you bow out of the scene if your quirk/character is guessed. Perhaps Kathy exploited this by pretending to not know, banking on her partners to make the scene more outrageous. After all, Ryan broke the glass that one time in Party Quirks because she couldn't quite guess that his head kept stuck to other things and he was the last one remaining.