Web Video: Luke Mochrie And The Inners
Luke Mochrie, son of famed improv comedian Colin Mochrie
, is the host of the That Guy with the Glasses
series Film Conscience
, where Phillip, his inner pessimist, and Ringo, his inner optimist, discuss recently released films. He later added several other aspects of his personality that provide their own view points on the films and support either Philip or Ringo's arguments. Philip and Ringo each choose one of the new Consciences to represent their view of the film, and at the end Luke gives his overall opinion. Can be found here
Now has a character page
, which could use some Wiki Magic
- Accentuate the Negative: Phillip, the Inner Pessimist, although he'll admit when something really good pops up in a film being reviewed.
- Acting for Two: And in later episodes, four.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Ralph alludes to this on a few occasions.
- Affably Evil: Ralph.
- Casanova Wannabe: Donny, the Inner Pervert.
- Catch Phrase: "Welcome to Film Conscience, where the voices in my head do the talking."
- Cool Shades: Guy.
- Creator In-Joke: James, the Inner Romantic, is happily dating a girl named "Megan". That's the name of Luke Mochrie's real-life girlfriend.
- The Cutie: Ringo. His jacket is made of 1% happiness. It's how he stays so perky.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Throughout the first few episodes, Phillip and Ringo agreed far more often, even if they had already been established as, respectively, "the critical, technical side" and "the emotional, intuitive side"; up until the last episode hosted on YouTube, they had no names.
- Erudite Stoner: Implied with Scott, the Inner Musician (to explain Scott's behavior in 'New Season Teaser', Ringo mimes smoking a joint)
- Even the Guys Want Him: He has a crush on Jim Sturgess.
- Even Nerds Have Standards: Though usually willing to see good in everything, Ringo flat out tells Luke to run when he's asked to review The Last Airbender.
- The Faceless: Wretch, the Inner Horror Fan, wears a burlap sack with eyes and a mouth drawn on it.
- Famous Ancestor: His father is Colin Mochrie, best known for regularly appearing on both versions of Whose Line Is It Anyway?. Proud papa frequently links to his son's efforts from his Facebook page.
- Hollywood Nerd: Stanley, the Inner Nerd.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: Ringo attempting to avoid comments on the writing in Season of the Witch.
Ringo: I need to go...uh...put out a fire...in the bathroom.
- A few moments later, to avoid having to comment on the direction, he attempts to say he needs to go disarm a nuclear bomb.
- During a review of The Last Airbender, he had this to say to avoid getting dragged into viewing it also:
Luke Uh, yeah… Ah, you know what? I think I, uh… I think I left my faucet on… In… In Canada. So I need to go. [runs away]
- Lovable Coward: Neil, the Inner Worrier.
- Musical Episode: His return to the site, where he did brief reviews of every movie he had seen since his last appearance. While playing the ukulele.
- Nice Hat: Phillip and Ringo both have them.
- Not So Different: Upon viewing Clash of The Titans, Phillip and Ringo hated it both, and they hated it so much, Luke had to shush them. Twice.
- Oh, Crap: When Luke realizes he has to review Never Say Never.
- Odd Couple: Phillip and Ringo, the only two Inners featured in each show.
- Praising Shows You Don't Watch: How to Train Your Dragon was a pretty good Dreamworks animated film. Which Philip and Ringo never saw.
- Real Song Theme Tune: the Ouverture from Shock Treatment, which he later reviewed.
- Running Gag: Quite often, when the Inners make analogies referencing other films, the video will then cut to a title card offering a literal interpretation.
- Schedule Slip: Probably one of the most egregious examples on Channel Awesome, as he has gone stretches of months without uploading anything.
- Screw Yourself: In the Paranormal Activity 2 review, Ringo explains that him and Phillip sharing Wretch will be like "a three-way of the mind".
Luke: Let's try and get through this like the professionals we are.
Ringo: We're not professionals! We're socially awkward nerds who will ridicule anything, even though we couldn't make something any better. You know, critics!
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Phillip and Ringo enjoy their sparring, even if Phillip tends to set the bar pretty damn high.
- Soap Box Sadie: Terry, the Inner Activist.
- Witty Banter: played with, as seen in the Burlesque 5-second review:
Ringo: It was good!
Phillip: It was shit.
Ringo: Are you serious?
Phillip: What did you like?
Ringo: The acting. What didn't you like?
Phillip: Everything else.
Ringo: Oh you bitch.
Luke: Ok, shut up. Conclusion time...