- Ensemble Darkhorse: While all the Inners are quite popular, Donny, Scott and James are beloved by the fandom, despite having only one appearance to each of their names.
- Fridge Brilliance: Why does Lucas seem to have aspects of children of different ages? He's Kinley's inner child, not Kinley's inner specific-age child- it stands to reason that he'd occasionally act like he's different ages.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks: Debated and averted, especially during the Let Me In review - to Dave, anyone who'd go see an American remake of Let The Right One In is way behind the curve.
"I loved that movie before you even heard of Sweden".
- MST3K Mantra: Ringo takes a fair bit of solace in the knowledge not every movie was supposed to end up in the Criterion Collection. This is what enables him to enjoy Hot Tub Time Machine.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Didactic?: Dave the Inner Hipster loves to make a case for misbegotten works being purposefully "ironic". It usually doesn't go well for him.