For Samurai Sentai Shinkenger
, see here
For Tensou Sentai Goseiger
, see here
For Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
, see here
For Tokumei Sentai Gobusters
, see here
For Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
, see here
For Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger
, see here
For Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
, see here
Every season of Super Sentai is in the same continuity.
While they're officially out of continuity
, the team-up movies almost always have both Sentai teams and
both Big Bad
groups have some connection to each other. (For instance, Doggie Kruger in Dekaranger
and MagiMother in Magiranger
both knowing the same restaurant owner). The connections are continuity by definition.
Also, neither the Sentai nor the Big Bads
have any problems with the "strange new world" they're suddenly thrust in during the team-up. They even form several cross-team attacks as if they planned them in advance. Clearly, they're all from the same continuity, just stretched out over several generations.
- Confirmed in Boukenger Vs. Super Sentai, the 30th anniversary movie (AkaRed: "Surely, you know of the 30 Super Sentai that, even now, protect the world?"). Incidentally, the above logic also applies to Kamen Rider, although Decade complicates it somewhat.
- Jossed by the Kamen Rider Decade and Shinkenger crossover. It is repeatedly noted that the Shinkenger world has never had a Kamen Rider. But Kamen Rider V3 and Kamen Rider Amazon are shown in the Goranger and JAKQ teamup. So Goranger through Go-onger take place in the same universe, but Shinkenger takes place in a separate universe. Of course, there is Shinkenger vs. Go-onger to think about (though the fact that Go-onger involves parallel universes, including one themed around samurai, makes it easier to reconcile.)
- Not really. They could have easily forgotten about that, being from a small special over 30 years ago.
- Actually, this is contradicted by most of the team-up movies, who tend to include some non-canon elements (see below).
- Thing about using Decade for continuity purposes is that the AR World thing makes it impossible - we don't know they met the same Shinkengers we know. Rangers and Riders may not run into each other outside teamups, but... Occam's Razor seems to make "That's because every series is really in its own dimension and the teamups take place in yet another 'teamup dimension!'" unlikely. Even in a shared universe, Superman Stays out of Gotham.
This Sentai World is where the Vs. movies take place. Presumably it works like Super Robot Wars
, changing various elements of the canon
of the main series in order to reconcile them.
- That's confirmed by pretty much every VS movie, if you pay attention to details, for example:
- In Ohre vs Kakuranger both Bacchus Wrath and Ganmajin show up, while in Ohranger Ganmajin first appeared after Bacchus Wrath was destroyed.
- In Abaranger vs Hurricaneger Rije is still a child, and yet MaxRyuOh appears.
- In Magiranger vs Dekaranger, Nigh and Mare have their Wolzaphones and yet Wolzard is shown as being able to use magic as well, which contradicts what was established in the show.
- In Go-onger vs Gekiranger, both Engine-Oh G-12 and Yogostein appear, which is technically possible, but wouldn't make much sense given the way events unfolded in the show.
- I think Gokaiger pretty much confirms it.
- On top of that, all of the vs. movies after gokaiger make references to each other, fully cementing it.
- This troper is under the impression that each team-up movie take place in their own universe.
Doggie Kruger from Dekaranger is gay and fooling around with his officers.
Despite having feelings for Swan-san, neither she nor Doggie show any hint of consummating their relationship. Doggie seems to tolerate the "puppy" treatment he's given by the rest of the SPD team (especially the guys) more than he does with Swan. And, there is so little Doggie/Swan-san fanwork
out there that it defies Rule 34
(and when there is, it's just like
every other Rule 34
fanwork out there: that is, Doggie as submissive BDSM plaything
Professional abstinence, or closeted slut puppy? The world may never know...
- Are you seriously using fanmade porn as evidence for this?
is a TV show in the Super Sentai
universe, just like Super Sentai
is for Power Rangers.
Pretty straightforward here: Power Rangers Dino Thunder
showed a Super Sentai
TV show that the Rangers watched. By the Law of Universal Symmetry, there must be a Power Rangers show the Sentai watch.
- Interestingly, this may be true. One Abaranger episode has a character from Mai's favorite cartoon get yoinked by the Monster of the Week (along with numerous real people). When the boy's father begs the Rangers for help (that's canon - cartoon characters talked to them!), they ask how he knows about them. He says that the boy was their biggest fan. "He watches your show every week!" So, Power Rangers wouldn't be the only show they watched that also watched them on TV.
The Five Tribes from Zyuranger are descended from stranded time travellers from the Timeranger era.
It would explain how people could be alive in the Mesozoic era & why their "Guardian Deities" look suspiciously mechanical. A team of paleontologists & other scientists from approx. 3000 A.D. are sent back in time to study the local wildlife & geology & to bring back specimens, but their timeship crashes & leaves them stranded. They somehow manage to convert the ship's remains into a prehistoric animal-themed Combining Mecha
(or, knowing how technology works in the Sentai-verse, it was always a combining mecha & they just made a few modifications) to protect themselves from hungry dinos & make the best of a bad situation. They live off the land & raise many children. After many generations, all record of their origin is lost, & the people begin worshiping the robots as gods.
Specifically, between the various Super Sentai
continuities. Every season after that one has had the mentor to the team stop by there and meet each other. For all we know, a few Kamen Riders
may eat there on occasion, too. By the time the Go-onger vs. Gekiranger
team-up comes about, we'll probably find out that Miu and Hiroto had lunch with Miki over the latest training technology.
- Hanto canonically worked a part-time job there.
- It exists in the Power Rangers universe as well; since there is only one Power Rangers continuity, the curry shop is used to get footage for the Super Sentai show into the Power Rangers world, and Power Rangers footage into any Super Sentai continuity that has a Power Rangers show.
- Apparently Doggie,Swan from Deka;Miyuki from Magi;Makino-sensei from Bouken;Miki from Geki were all customers there.
- There is a slight possibility that Genta studied there temporally.
- Now Captain Marvelous and Hiromu have eaten there. Granted time travel was involved.
Sentai and the Space Sheriff Trilogy are in the same continuity
, the fugitive Inazuma Ginga is mentioned to have escaped from the Space Police and is hiding on Earth. Add to that its prequel Denjiman, where we get our first glimpse at Alternate Dimensions with the pocket universe the Vader Clan live in. While not as outlandish or large as Makuu Space and the Strange Dimension, it has some of the same properties such as the wild gravity and vomit-looking atmosphere.
- Sun Vulcan was the 1981 Sentai. The Space Sheriff Trilogy wouldn't begin until a year later in 1982 with Space Sheriff Gavan just as Sun Vulcan was wrapping up and Goggle 5 was starting. Unless they were thinking ahead, it's unlikely that it's the same space police.
- Ah, but law enforcement is precisely the sort of thing that civilizations ought to plan in advance. Besides, Super Sentai includes time travel; the Space Police don't have to exist yet in Sun Vulcan to be the same police Inazuma Ginga is fleeing.
- Inazuma Ginga's backstory mentioned the Galactic Union and Galactic Police. The Space Sheriffs were also known as the Galactic Union Police. Shozo Uehara wrote the entirety of Sun Vulcan's final arc, where that character appears. And that final arc was right before Gavan started which he wrote 37 of 44 episodes. Sun Vulcan ended in February while Gavan started in February of the same year, 1982.
- Shaider episode 17 has Galactic Police as another name for the Space Sheriffs.
- Officially confirmed as of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Space Sheriff Gavan THE MOVIE.
Both of them are alien police forces whose officers are also responsible for executing criminals.
Think about it. The Court is always right and finds out the truth in an extremely short time. It's likely that the cast from Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
have been recruited by the Space Police and sent to an alternate dimension where three days (the maximum time allowed for a trial in Ace Attorney
) are equivalent to the handful of seconds required for the Judgement of Alienizers. Possibly they've been turned into omniscient AIs
or something in the process.
"Break genkai" sounds suspiciously like a release phrase, doesn't it?
Now, before you ask about his lack of sword, remember that only spiritually aware people would be able to see one.
Witch Bandora became Magiel and her father is Daimaou from Kakuranger
As it turns out, before Bandora made her deal with Dai Satan, she was in fact the good daughter of Daimaou who wanted to not be like her evil father and rule Earth with a kind and just hand. One season later, Bandora became good and regained her powers as a witch, which explains Magiel.
Gasha Dokuro and Witch Bandora, therefore, are siblings, and Kai is Daimaou's grandson.
- Where's Queen Hedrian fit in?
Every other season will foreshadow the following year's Motif
with at least one robo
The trend began with DaiShogun
, and followed with Seaick GoseiGreat
hinting at Gokaiger
. Remember to pay attention to the mecha in 2012's Sentai.
Ryouga (AbareRed) and Ranru (AbareYellow) from Abaranger are secretly brother and sister, twins infact.
I was taking some snaps of Super Sentai/Power Ranger images using my Nintendo DSI to test the Resemblance feature. I captured one picture of Ryouga and Ranru together and it came with "Siblings: 45%" and then captured another image and it said "Twins: 56%".
Super Sentai, and by extension, Power Rangers, take place in parallel universes in which Humanity has discovered the secret of reversing matter à la Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons
Think about it, every episode the monsters destroy tons of buildings and from what I've seen in Super Sentai, they attack and kill civilians. Logically, the city should have been destroyed in the first 20 episodes at least. In the first episode of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons
, Captain Black completely destroys the Mysteron city, then the Mysterons suddenly bring it back again. It is also shown that they can bring dead people back to life.
the 40th super sentai
- Will be a team with updated costumes of Himitsu Sentai Goranger
There will be a Super Sentai with monsters as the heroes
they could be good monsters disguised as humans.
The 42nd Super Sentai will be a sci-fi comedy.
I think Sosuke was originally going to remain dead until the Grand Finale, and GP36 would have ended with Yogostein killed permanently by the G12. Then, Sosuke would be replaced by a girl (an idea they didn't use until Shinkenger) in the following episode, and then GP45 would have been played differently, with said new girl joining G3 Princess in place of Kegalesia (whose G3 Princess costume had red accents). They probably scrapped that idea due to popular demand, and tacked the last-minute Single-Stroke Battle between Sosuke and Yogostein onto the end of GP36.
Think about it. Gaoranger
were both, technically, anniversary seasons (both had the VS Super Sentai
movies rather than usual team-up movies), and both were followed by seasons that used Three Plus Two
, Shurikenger not withstanding, and Gekiranger
, respectively), so it may very well be the same thing with Gokaiger
, the only full-fledged anniversary season so far.
All of the seasons after Gokaiger will have a crossover episode with the previous season.
- Don't we already have the VS movies to fill that purpose?
Timeranger's powers were originally made for another set of team.
Said team also has Two Girls to a Team
, just like most of the Sentai Series with Five-Man Band
All the different dimensions existed in other Sentais are parts of the 11 Braneworlds in Engine Sentai Go-onger
Here are the lists of braneworlds:
- 1. Human World with the entire Sentai Series
- 2. Engine World for the Engines in Go-onger
- 3. Junk World
- 4. Sound World
- 5. Stormy World
- 6. Magic World (Infershia and Magitopia from the Magiranger series could be in it)
- 7. Chrismas World
- 8. Samurai World
- 9. Grassland World (in the Crossover with Shinkenger, Speedor travelled there once)
- 10. Gunman World
- 11. ??? (maybe dinosaur world where the Burstosaurs from Abarangers live)
Eventually, there will be sentai series whose team can interchange colour with one another.
And that'll be another only time a male yellow ranger and female blue ranger appears.
It'll depend whether the team continues to be younger or not.
Budget got short after Denziman
As the result, we had 3 rangers instead of the usual 5 in Sun Vulcan
, and as they don't have enough budget for the color green, there is a black ranger in Goggle V
- I can understand a smaller budget leading to the amount of rangers being cut from 5 to 3, but I really don't think it would decide which color a ranger was.
- Maybe through running out of spandex?
- That still doesn't make any sense. They'd have to buy more for new suits regardless.
Crossover with the Ultra Series
is on the way within the next few years.
Well, now that we've got Kamen Rider
and Metal Heroes
crossovers underway, it's only logical that they keep going. And there's another long-running well-known Toku
series to cross over with.
- Alternately, since the Ultra Series is done by a different company, there may very well be Pretty Cure crossovers done through the use of the Roger Rabbit Effect.
Their Ki powers are basically the Force, and one of their BGM tracks sounds suspiciously like the Imperial March
The series after Gobusters will have the blue ranger female
Since Akibaranger has one, other sentais could follow for consistency.
- Jossed. Kyoryu Blue is male.
The next Sentai Series will feature Red as The Big Good
(of its own series, not unlike Akaranger in Gokaiger) and Blue as The Hero
's either Blue or the color that would have otherwise fill in The Lancer
The 37th season will also be a celebration of the 20th anniversary of Power Rangers
Although the official confirmation will probably come during Autumn 2012, Toei has registered the trademark for Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
. If you pay attention, it sounds like an inversion of Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger
(which, in fact, should be more correctly spelled Jyuranger
). And in any case, the title itself tells of a dinosaur motif. So, the 2013 season may be a Call Back
to the first Super Sentai that was adapted into Power Rangers
, and will air during the latter's 20th anniversary. Too much to be just coincidences!
- Or maybe it's just a coincidence.
Kyoryuger will be a very formulaic season
Not dull or even bad, just quite unoriginal. Regardless of how you feel about it, Tokumei Sentai Go Busters
at least tried something different; however, it hasn't sit well with Japanese audiences apparently, since by Summer 2012 the series has turned into a big ratings flop (it has recovered, but only thanks to Kamen Rider Wizard
being now in the same programming block). Unless they want to try and do an even bigger shake-up to the classic Super Sentai formula, Toei will probably wanto to play safe with the next series to get the public back.
In a few years, the Super Sentai series will be put on hiatus
While the ratings flop of Go-Busters
may have been an isolated case, ratings for the various seasons have slowly dropped during the last decade. After so many years, these series may be getting stale for the Japanese public. Plus, it's hard to top Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
and Super Hero Taisen
now. Toei may decide to stop producing them (although they'd still appear in movies, TV specials and reruns of the most popular series, and not counting the ever-popular toys), and start them again at least five years later, refreshed. It worked with Kamen Rider, which was dormant during the 1990s, it can work for them. Plus, to fill the void, there are a lot of Metal Heroes
that can be resurrected for the new generations, and it's already being done with Gavan
Yellow has already been associated as a girl's color.
Either the series after Kyoryuger (38) or the one after that (39) will be a ninja team.
If dinosaurs can do three series then ninjas will probably follow suit too.
- Confirmed! The 39th Sentai will have a ninja motif.
Future Team Motifs
- Chess or Shogi.
- American Super Heroes.
- Red: Hercules Beetle
- Blue: Stag Beetle
- Yellow: Killer Bee
- Green or Black: Grass Hopper
- Pink or White: Butterfly
- Sixth Ranger(Any possible Color): Dragon Fly
- Red: Super-Sonic Bullet-Train
- Blue: Express Train
- Yellow: Monorail
- Black: Freight Train
- White: Steam Engine
- Sixth Ranger(Gold or Silver): Futuristic Train
- CONFIRMED! (Colors and train models are different though) Ressha Sentai Toqger is train themed
- Ancient Civilisations
- Red would be based on a Roman centurion
- Blue would be based on a Spartan
- Yellow would be themed after an Egyptian warrior
- Green or Black would be based on a Persian immortal
- Pink would be themed after an Amazon (I know that's not a real civilisation, but I don't know what else)
- The Sixth Ranger could be gold and themed after an Aztec jaguar knight.
- Colors themselves
- Either the team is in an art club or Red has a hobby of painting.
- Color Motif are taken Up to Eleven for each rangers.
- Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and Pink are the core five. Either Green or Yellow is the second female to Pink.
- Sixth Ranger is ambiguously Silver, with its motif being metal plating.
- There will also be extra rangers including:
- Cyan, female to reflect most of the previous female blues.
- Black and White as movie exclusives
- Purple-themed twins, being Indigo and Violet. They are downplayed version of Red Oni, Blue Oni
- Maroon or Brown
- There may be an omake featuring color theory.
- Villains are all mono-chromed like an Orphenoch.
- Unused Mythical Motifs
- Red: Ruby
- Black: Onyx
- Blue: Sapphire
- Green: Emerald
- Yellow: Topaz
- Sixth Ranger: Diamond
- Partially confirmed with Toqger, where rainbow is their secondary motifs.
- Greek Gods
- Literal Five-Man Band, complete with associated instruments
- Lead Guitar: Red
- Bass Guitar: Blue
- Drums: Yellow
- Keyboard: Green
- Third guitar: Pink
- A law enforcement theme like Dekarnager. However, unlike Dekaranger, this one is more detective styled. It would be called Metenai Sentai Nazoranger. Their equipment would be revolver guns and advanced magnifying glasses that also have infrared sensors and forensic scanners. Their mechs would be vehicles. The team would start off with three. The villains would be Yakuza syndicates that morph into monsters, similar to Kamen Rider W.
- Red: A 1940s style car resembling a Mercedes Benz.
- Blue: A police car.
- Yellow: A patrol wagon.
- Black (Additional Ranger): Unlike the other three, he/she is a neutral Classy Cat Burgular. His/her mech is a getaway helicopter.
- White (Second Additional Ranger): The Mentor and Da Chief of the Ranger's detective agency. His mech is a SWAT Tank.
- A team of displaced individuals from different epochs of Japanese history, all the way up until the present, in order to to protect the timeline and ensure that Japanese history, and really, history as a whole, remains intact.
- Red: A modern-era Japanese high school student enamored with Japanese history. Eager, eccentric, and defined by curiosity.
- Blue: A Shinsengumi officer from the Bakumatsu period. Patronizing, but well-meaning.
- Yellow: A kunoichi from the Sengoku period. Aloof, sarcastic, and isolated.
- Pink: A priestess from the Yamato period. Intelligent, empathetic, but extremely sheltered.
- Green: A hunter-gatherer from the Jomon period. Physically powerful and cheerful, but simple.
- Black Sixth Ranger: A freedom fighter from the post-apocalyptic future. Cynical and worn down by years of hard fighting.
- Four Element Ensemble
- Divisions of a Cool Starship crew
- Red: command/helm
- Blue: science
- Yellow: security
- Green: engineering
- Pink: medical
The next time a yellow ranger is male,
He will be a Lovable Coward
who absolutely wants to avoid going brawny.
- Zigzagged in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. He doesn't want to join in the battle at first, but that's together with the rest of the rangers except for Red.
The creators of Super Sentai will pull of a Take That
concerning the sexist cries from the internet
Particulary, the reason behind the lack of Kyoryu Yellow.
Mission 21 of Go-Busters
was the 1800th overall episode of Super Sentai
, the remaining 29 episodes makes 1829 then as each Sentai lasts around 50 episodes Kyoryuger
makes 1879, Sentai #38 makes 1929, Sentai #39 makes 1979, placing the 1999th and 2000th overall episodes of Super Sentai
around the middle of Sentai #40 like OOO's milestone celebration.
There will be a Super Sentai based on Pokemon or Digimon
- The members might be younger than most sentai... such as King Ranger and Kiba Ranger
- Each member would represent a different season:
Not counting on Go-on silver since she could be either sixth/seventh.
- Bonus point if she ended up Killed Off for Real
- Alternatively, there could be a female green or black ranger (not counting Gokaiger)
- On a more shonen-style Sentai than normal that features a female blue and a female yellow, along with red, black, and green males, the female Sixth Ranger will be pink and furthermore, will be a Magical Girl and a princess.
The 38th season will have a cowboy motif
Not only are cowboys a never-done-before action motif that would fit the 5 year pattern, it would also resume the trend of Production Foreshadowing
with an early-run mecha formation (Kyoryuzin Western) in the same vein as Engine Daishogun foreshadowed Shinkenger, Tenkuu Shinkenoh foreshadowed Goseiger, and Seaick Gosei Great foreshadowed Gokaiger.
- Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger's motif is Cool Train based on its name, but we do not know yet whether there are any more motifs yet.
- Jossed by the first scans. It's just trains, folks.
Ninjaman and Gunmazin are considered more mecha than heroes.
That's why they are not in Gokaiger.
The creators are delibirately trying to get the kids used to male yellow rangers.
This is shown in Kyoryuger, where they predicted male yellow to be seens as too feminine to work out with the sentai. As the result, they stealthily remind the audiences of male yellow poosibilities, including:
- Most recent sentai's yellow (Goseiger, Gokaiger and Toqger) being Tomboy contrasting Pink's Girly Girl.
- Male gokai changing into past yellow rangers (even though it happened once).
- Reappearances of Hurricangers through one of Gokaiger's tribute episode as well as 10 Years Later special.
- Gobuster's Usagi, the buddyroid being male when he could have been female like Abaranger and Go-Onger's yellow mechas. Ene Tan is the sole female instead.
- Kyoryuger Gold being more yellow coloured compared to other gold rangers.
- Tigerranger's reappearance in Kyoryuger vs Gobusters movie.
- Toqger being allowing color changes between the team.
- Kanpai Senshi After V being released in the same year as Tokkyuger.
The 40th season will be a second season of Gokaiger
Sure, it's unofficial, but Akibaranger did try the concept of a second season, even if it was mostly based on fan demand. Bonus points if the core five Gokaigers finally get their own Super Mode
, or if we get a seventh Gokaiger
The 39th sentai will have the team in the following number, colour and gender:
First is Male Red, second is Male Black, thrid is Female Blue, fourth is Male Yellow and the last number is Female Pink. This color scheme has not been used since Goseiger and they are normally ordered this way. As for the female blue and not yellow, this is because recently, one girl takes on the number three instead of four.
A future sentai will be a modernized version of Ninja Captor
As a way to acknowledge how it used to be considered a Sentai
- Given that 39 is a ninja theme maybe this could be confirmed