Tsundere: Western Animation
open/close all folders
- Britanny Miller from Alvin and the Chipmunks, towards Alvin Seville (and VICE VERSA).
- Kira Tonbo from Angelicate Avenue is completely and totally tsun-tsun to Kimi, then when spoken to by Koja, reverts to dere-dere mode.
- Numbah 4/Wally from Codename: Kids Next Door towards Girly Girl Numbah 3/Kuki. He has such a hard time expressing his feelings around her and is too "macho" to admit feeling anything romantic towards her. Thankfully for her, he can't stand to see her cry and they end up together in the Distant Finale.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender:
- Zuko is something of a prickly Jerk Ass most of the time, but has a soft, dorky center that he pretty much only shows around his Sugar and Ice girlfriend Mai.
- Toph can come off as snarky and harsh, but she displays a much friendlier and warmer side of herself if you get to know her. Or if you're Iroh. She also likes to show affection for someone by punching their arm.
- The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan: Anne Chan is mildly Sweet: Her dere-dere side is laid back and a Plucky Girl and her tsun-tsun is argumentative and competitive (especially around Tom and Alan).
- Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender acts as the kind and mature Team Mom, but she's also very stubborn and hot-tempered.
- Linka from Captain Planet. No, the usually nice and cool girl doesn't like Wheeler that way or so she says, but she's been close to kissing him several times and is his Clingy Jealous Girl whenever a female expresses interest in him, so...
- Kuki aka Numbuh 3 from Codename: Kids Next Door is EXTREMELY cute and sweet... but she's very, very obstinate and prone to mood swings, especially when arguing with Wally aka Numbuh 4.
- Beebe Bluff from Doug is pretty friendly, though she's a bit of a tsun-tsun around Skeeter, who it's confirmed she has a crush on.
- Nazz from Ed, Edd n Eddy is normally quite sweet and easy-going, but sometimes she can be pretty harsh.
- Wanda from Fairly Oddparents, who tends to do all the Tsundere methods as foil to her idiot husband Cosmo.
- Meg Griffin from Family Guy is Sweet. She is usually dere-dere, but acts tsun-tsun to people she doesn't like or people who usually piss her off.
- Her mother Lois Griffin also applies to this. Lois is usually kind and polite with others, but she has an aggressive and short-tempered side, usually caused by her husband Peter's stupidity, impulsiveness, and eccentric plans that often blow up in his face.
- Yo from Fanboy and Chum Chum is a Genki Girl with obsessive tendencies towards the latter protagonist by default. Occasionally, especially when dealing with Fanboy, she will switch into tsun mode and become much less pleasant.
- Frankie from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is very warm and nurturing towards the imaginary friends, but doesn't take too kindly to Mr. Herriman's pestering or Bloo's madness.
- Giggles, of Happy Tree Friends infamy. While normally one of the sweetest and most social members of the cast, she absolutely flips her shit whenever she sees someone harming the environment.
- June from KaBlam! is usually sweet and laid-back. However, when something bad happens (like Henry giving her crap or something won't go her way), she's pretty tough. She's also always doing something mean to Henry (even though they're friends), however, she has a huge crush on him.
- Allison "Allie" Underhill from Kaijudo.
- Mitsuki from Kappa Mikey, for Mikey. She is soft, dependent, shy, and kind the point where nobody else acknowledges her and they often forget her name, but in one episode it's revealed that she used to be a secret agent before breaking into show business and can injure nearly anyone if need be.
- By contrast to the obviously Harsh William Murderface, Toki Wartooth from Metalocalypse is a Sweet tsundere, usually being the nicest guy in the band, and treats every band member with a calm attitude... Except Skwisgaar, to whom he is specifically tsun towards. Still, it is pretty obvious that he does have a crush on him. Yes, a male tsundere having the hots for another male character.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic has Twilight Sparkle: She was a Nice Girl around Celestia, Spike, and her family, but her newfound friends set her off.
- Princess Luna too, as seen in her Season 2 debut. Her emotions and personality paint her as such when only the audience (and then Twilight) get to see how hurt she really feels.
- Miss Grotke from Recess is for 95% of the time an Adorkable sweetheart. But when provoked....Beware the Nice Ones.
- The titular character of Spongebob Squarepants can be said to be this. He's normally a happy-go-lucky sweetheart with a kind word for everyone. But when pushed too far over the edge, he can be a real Jerkass. He always snaps back relatively quickly, though.
- Nova from Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! is usually very nice and likeable if feisty, until it's time for battle or Sprx's cockiness and flirting set her off.
- Wilma Flintstone from The Flintstones is a good example of Sweet. She's all sweetness and light until her husband Fred goes from Jerk with a Heart of Gold to Jerk Ass. The Flintstones are probably a good example of what happens when a pair with Belligerent Sexual Tension eventually gets their act together and finally Spit It Out.
- Emily in the new Thomas the Tank Engine seasons. She's normally quite sweet until something sets her off. Usually when the trucks start giving her crap, Thomas acts like a Bratty Half-Pint, James acts like a Jerk Ass, Gordon like an Upper-Class Twit, or if she just gets ideas above her station.
- X-Men: Evolution: Miss Jean Grey normally acts like a sweet and cheerful Cool Big Sis towards the younger kids, but goes cranky when Scott or Duncan are around, though mostly when they're being idiots or butting heads. Then there's her hidden jealousy against Rogue or Taryn...
- Maurecia from Wayside is a Genki Girl who is extremely friendly and liked by everyone in Wayside School. And she expresses her unrequited love for Todd by hitting him, constantly.
Finally. Let's get back to Tsundere