Bang Boom Bang
is a German comedy movie from 1999, directed and written by Peter Thorwarth. It's the first part of his "Unna
In short: It's a dirty, but very funny movie about small criminals - a bit like an early Guy Ritchie
movie transplanted to Germany. For the full plot, see the synopsis
- The Alcoholic: Schlucke.
- The Alleged Car: Keek's mint-green Ford Taunus. After the movie, it's in even worse shape.
- Ax-Crazy: Kalle is dangerous.
- Bad Boss: Kampmann sr.
- Bad Guys Play Pool: And make porn movies on pool tables.
- Berserk Button: Kalle doesn't react well when he learns that his wife appeared in a home porn movie.
- Don't throw your cigarette butt into Schlucke's grave. Andy still has some respect left for the old guy.
- Black Comedy: Especially the scenes around the funeral.
- The Cameo: German star Til Schweiger plays a footballer (with fake dreadlocks and in blackface). The director also has one.
- Casanova Wannabe: Kampmann jr, who tries to hit on Melanie.
- Chekhov's Gun: The video. Melanie's cell phone.
- Chekhov's Gunwoman: Melanie, intern in Kampmann's firm, who likes to play around with her cell phone. Which she uses to film Kampmann when he enters the combination.
- Cool Car: The Mercedes Kalle orders while in prison and later pimps up. Well, at least he thinks it's a cool car.
- Counterfeit Cash: Hilmi gives it to Keek and tells him to mix it with real money. "They screwed us, we screw someone else." Note: The money is so fake you even notice if you only glimpse at it.
- Crime After Crime: After breaking in at Kampmann's, stealing the safe and demolishing the building to do so, they also have to destroy a radar trap they were caught on.
- The Danza: Hilmi Sözer as Hilmi
- Distracted by the Sexy: Melanie and her friend appear in bikinis (they're going to Spain after all), so the men at the x-ray machine don't notice the huge stack of paper money in her bag.
- Double Entendre: "Eingelocht", the title of the porn movie.
- Dumb Blonde: Melanie, intern in Kampmann's firm. As Kampmann says, she was only hired for having perfect 90-60-90 measurements. Subverted - at the end, she takes the money!
- Easter Egg: The DVD also contains the short movie "Mafia, Pizza, Razzia" by Thorwarth.
- Eat the Evidence: Schlucke with the key for the locker. It's what kills him.
- Fat Bastard: Kampmann sr.
- Fingore: When the frustrated Andy slams the safe door, Keek's thumb is severed. Making things more complicated: It's in the safe now, and the lock is damaged. In an emergency operation, it's reattached.
- I Coulda Been a Contender: Schlucke
- Important Haircut: After breaking out, Kalle cuts off his long hair. And gets a way too deep tan at the tanning studio.
- Insurance Fraud: Kampmann likes to do this.
- Jaded Washout: Schlucke
- Lovable Loser: Keek
- Love Interest: Melanie and Andy. It doesn't work out.
- Meaningful Nickname: "Schlucke" bluntly hints that he's got a drinking problem. "Ratte"... see: You Dirty Rat.
- My Girl Is Not a Slut: Kalle expects this from Manuela. The reality is the very opposite.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Keek (real name: Dirk), Schlucke, Ratte
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: The safe combination is 90-60-90 (Melanie's measurements, 36-24-36 in inches).
- Police Are Useless: Definitely in the one scene where they appear in Keek's apartment to look for Kalle. All the time, he's lying under the couch. And then, one policeman tries to flip a cigarette and catch it with his mouth, drops it on the floor next to Kalle - but then decides to not pick it up.
- Later, they manage to shoot Kalle and arrest Kampmann. It's like realistic police work: They catch some criminals, other ones... not.
I supposed to live like a nun?" However, acting in a porn movie may have been too much.