Bang Boom Bang
is a German comedy movie from 1999, directed and written by Peter Thorwarth. It's the first part of his "Unna
In short: It's a dirty, but very funny movie about small criminals - a bit like an early Guy Ritchie
movie transplanted to Germany. For the full plot, see the synopsis
- The Alcoholic: Schlucke.
- The Alleged Car: Keek's mint-green Ford Taunus. After the movie, it's in even worse shape.
- Ax-Crazy: Kalle is dangerous.
- Bad Boss: Kampmann sr.
- Bad Guys Play Pool: And make porn movies on pool tables.
- Berserk Button: Kalle doesn't react well when he learns that his wife appeared in a home porn movie.
- Don't throw your cigarette butt into Schlucke's grave. Andy still has some respect left for the old guy.
- Black Comedy: Especially the scenes around the funeral.
- The Cameo: German star Til Schweiger plays a footballer (with fake dreadlocks and in blackface). The director also has one.
- Casanova Wannabe: Kampmann jr, who tries to hit on Melanie.
- Chekhov's Gun: The video. Melanie's cell phone.
- Chekhov's Gunwoman: Melanie, intern in Kampmann's firm, who likes to play around with her cell phone. Which she uses to film Kampmann when he enters the combination.
- Cool Car: The Mercedes Kalle orders while in prison and later pimps up. Well, at least he thinks it's a cool car.
- Counterfeit Cash: Hilmi gives it to Keek and tells him to mix it with real money. "They screwed us, we screw someone else." Note: The money is so fake you even notice if you only glimpse at it.
- Crime After Crime: After breaking in at Kampmann's, stealing the safe and demolishing the building to do so, they also have to destroy a radar trap they were caught on.
- The Danza: Hilmi Sözer as Hilmi
- Distracted by the Sexy: Melanie and her friend appear in bikinis (they're going to Spain after all), so the men at the x-ray machine don't notice the huge stack of paper money in her bag.
- Double Entendre: "Eingelocht", the title of the porn movie.
- Dumb Blonde: Melanie, intern in Kampmann's firm. As Kampmann says, she was only hired for having perfect 90-60-90 measurements. Subverted - at the end, she takes the money!
- Easter Egg: The DVD also contains the short movie "Mafia, Pizza, Razzia" by Thorwarth.
- Eat the Evidence: Schlucke with the key for the locker. It's what kills him.
- Fat Bastard: Kampmann sr.
- Fingore: When the frustrated Andy slams the safe door, Keek's thumb is severed. Making things more complicated: It's in the safe now, and the lock is damaged. In an emergency operation, it's reattached.
- I Coulda Been a Contender: Schlucke
- Important Haircut: After breaking out, Kalle cuts off his long hair. And gets a way too deep tan at the tanning studio.
- Insurance Fraud: Kampmann likes to do this.
- Jaded Washout: Schlucke
- Lovable Loser: Keek
- Love Interest: Melanie and Andy. It doesn't work out.
- Meaningful Nickname: "Schlucke" bluntly hints that he's got a drinking problem. "Ratte"... see: You Dirty Rat.
- My Girl Is Not a Slut: Kalle expects this from Manuela. The reality is the very opposite.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Keek (real name: Dirk), Schlucke, Ratte
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: The safe combination is 90-60-90 (Melanie's measurements, 36-24-36 in inches).
- Police Are Useless: Definitely in the one scene where they appear in Keek's apartment to look for Kalle. All the time, he's lying under the couch. And then, one policeman tries to flip a cigarette and catch it with his mouth, drops it on the floor next to Kalle - but then decides to not pick it up.
- Later, they manage to shoot Kalle and arrest Kampmann. It's like realistic police work: They catch some criminals, other ones... not.
I supposed to live like a nun?" However, acting in a porn movie may have been too much.
- Safecracking: Keek, of all people, can do it. Not however if one of his thumbs is ripped off.
- The Stoner: Keek
- Stop Helping Me!: When Keek and Schlucke buy the car for Kalle from the Danish gang, Andy joins them, to check whether the car is in order. Unfortunately they didn't tell him that they want to pay with fake money and have to pull this through as fast as possible.
- Stupid Crooks: Keek really isn't that competent.
- Subtropical Epilogue: Noone but Melanie in Mallorca, Spain.
- Suitcase Full Of Money: What Keek wants from Kampmann.
- Trunk Shot: As a Shout-Out to Pulp Fiction.
- Write What You Know: Thorwarth's father was a German policeman and told him many interesting stories from work. Of all the German criminal movies, this is one of the most realistic.
- You Dirty Rat: One of the criminals is nicknamed "Ratte".
- Your Cheating Heart: Manuela - Kalle's wife who works in a video store - doesn't see why she shouldn't have sex while her husband is doing time. "Am ——