This Troper (or his works) contains the following tropes:
open/close all folders
- Beware the Nice Ones
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: I primarily speak English (with a pitifully small amount of Japanese); for everything else, there's Google Translate. As a result, my Bilingual Bonus translations can come out messed up.
- E = MC Hammer: With my job as a mathematics tutor, I try so hard to subvert that.
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY:
- My first name has this trope in a way. I insist on having the 'J' pronounced as a 'Y'.
- My real surname is the same, and somewhat justified. The emphasis is descending (primary to secondary), and people have a tendency to switch the emphasis around, which makes it sound like it has a hyphen in the middle (it doesn't).
- Mad Mathematician: You do realise it's an act, right?
- Misplaced Accent: Thank television in part for that. The other reason why my English is so formal is because of my Asperger's Syndrome.
- No Social Skills: the Aspegerger's again, which of course leads to some hilarious/disturbing results:
- Only Known by Initials: Initially, I used the pseudonym JB Adder (hence the handle), without any idea what the JB stood for. I was twenty before I came up with the full name Johannsenn Balthazar Adder. Balthazar doesn't get used much, though.
- Sucky School: Depending on who you talk to, this is what my first teaching job was like. Bordered with a downplayed School of Hard Knocks.
- Too Dumb to Live: What the other half think I am. Trope awareness becomes fun when this is active.
- TV Tropes Ruined My Life: ...And my vocabulary.
- Wikipedia Syntax: Being an editor on Wikipedia as well, it took me a while to get used to the markup here.
Their works (Games, Writings, etc)
- All There in the Manual: Well, part of one at least. I contributed seven races to Unified Space Intelligence: Polterns, Gargoyles, Krilloan, Krillik, Krillord, Silence and Acarids. So much backstory to those, most of which I put on an Geocities site
- Empty Room Psych: This page, before I fleshed it out.
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: Still can't avoid it in the gaming world either. One of my nations in NationStates, Damanucus: the first 'u' is pronounced as a shortened 'you'.
- Language Barrier: NationStates again, and leads to some hilarious results:
- Lipstick Lesbian: This is actually my more favoured of all the gay tropes. And not because Girl-on-Girl Is Hot (I try and avoid that direction as much as possible).
- Pirate Girl: Daggerpoint. But this is in Puzzle Pirates, so that shouldn't be all that surprising.
- Playing with Syringes: Storycrafter's Young Heroes: The Experiment, although they did manage to escape.
- Rape as Drama:
- Spin-Off: Thrax almost got one of these after I decided to pull the character from Unified Space Intelligence. It didn't work.
- Superhero School: Storycrafter's Young Heroes: Superhero High.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Thrax, in Unified Space Intelligence. Unusual considering the game is, by and large, a No Warping Zone.
- Trapped in the Past: Or more wanted to be there.